Some help please - employment sponsorship nomination scheme subclass 186!!!

nicjam51

Hi guys

Anyone gone through the employment nomination scheme subclass 186.

Would love any input on this subject.

I am currently trying to go down this route and looking for an employer to sponsor me!

It's really hard, anyone got any thoughts or ideas on best way to geyt sponsorship.

I'm looking at lots of different ares of Perth. Anyone got ideas of best areas in Perth!

Thanks guys

Gillian

:rolleyes:

I would think it is going to be VERY hard and close to impossible unless you have something unique / special such as winning hairdresser of the year. You have to see it as this. Why would an employer need to go to the trouble of bringing someone from the other side of the world? They also have to show that the reason for bringing you is because they can not fill the role otherwise.

i'm a hairdresser ( fully qualified) any ideas Rupert!

Thanks

Gillian

Are you in Australia already? On a working holiday visa perhaps or could you get one of those? If you were able to prove yourself to an employer thn maybe you could get sponsorship, but I think your chances are remote if you are applying from overseas.

I think the chances of going straight to 186 are even more remote. At the very least I would think a 457 is more likely... even then, you are going to struggle. Most PR sponsorship comes off the back of a 457, most employers will like you to work for them for a period first, this can range from between a few months, to 2 years or more.

Hi Rupert no i don't live in Australia. I need to find sponsorship because i am the one with the trade not my hubby. I have tried skills select but hav'nt scored enough points on the IELTS exam and i'm soon to be 45 and thought time was running out to keep doing it that way, where i have more time on the sponsored visa but obviously it is much harder to get a sponsorship.

I feel it's going to take forever!!!!

Gillian

Hi, myself and my partner have recently come through the 186 Visa. Another Visa is you can qualify might be a business visa, if youhave owned your own hairdressers, you might be eligible for that visa, I don't know the full in's and out's but might be worth a look. The only problem with Hairdressing and the 186 Visa is the employer having to show the need to sponsor a skilled worker and that they can't recruit locally. As Rupert says if you have a niche skill that might be the way to go with a 186 visa.

Good Luck.

Archived