electronic visa? how do i prove?

kxyzle

hi i was told by my visa agent that my visa has now been granted but it is an electronic visa. He said that this will mean i can travel to australia and i dont have to attach anything to my passport. I just wanted to check that this was right as i dont want to get on a flight and be turned away by immigration for no evidence?

Also how could i prove that i am a permanent resident if this visa is electronic? just thinking about medicare etc where you have to prove this.

any help would be fantastic. Cheers

You should have an email that states all your personal details, the details of the visa you have been granted, dates valid etc. My one is a 2 page Pdf, which the immigration guidelines advise you keep a printed copy of with your passport when you travel as a precaution. But in general, there is no need to seek out a visa tag in your passport, unless you maybe come from or are going to a high risk country.

You should have an email that states all your personal details, the details of the visa you have been granted, dates valid etc. My one is a 2 page Pdf, which the immigration guidelines advise you keep a printed copy of with your passport when you travel as a precaution. But in general, there is no need to seek out a visa tag in your passport, unless you maybe come from or are going to a high risk country.

thanks for that ill have to have a look for it. im sure i seen it originally as it said visa entry dates (does that sound like it?) i was thinking more for signing up to medicare etc. My agent basically said you're in and left it at that. Didnt explain anything about getting there or if i have to check in with immi bureau or citizenship (i know thats a while off) thanks for the answer though

Yep, just take that same confirmation to medicare office, driving licence people, bank etc. You can also check on the immigration website, you just need a few things like your TRN, and passport number etc...

Hang on, I'll see if I can find the link, then you should be able to print it off from there...

Here you go: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/vevo.htm

P.S. Just seen your reputation comment... very sweet, thank-you. :)

do i need any of this to actually travel? is it an actual requirement? just i dont think i can find anything :confused: just dont want to get turned around by immigration at the airport when i arrive. the VEVO site requires the references which i dont have as they are on the original

do i need any of this to actually travel? is it an actual requirement? just i dont think i can find anything :confused: just dont want to get turned around by immigration at the airport when i arrive. the VEVO site requires the references which i dont have as they are on the original

No. Visas are electronic these days and attached to your passport. When you check in the airline will scan your passport and the visa info will show up.

Congratulations...

Australian Government does not require a holder of a valid visa to have a visa label in their passport. You can travel to Australia without a visa label in your passport. All Australia bound international commercial airlines can verify with Australian authorities that you have an Australian visa before you travel to Australia.

Best,

Aussie Girl Bay

Guest littlesarah

My experience was that having a label in my passport, & a hard copy of the grant letter, made no difference at all when the electronic system hadn't been updated properly by DIAC. I still had to wait while the airline called DIAC to sort things out.

Guest littlesarah

I should add that in the end our was all sorted, I boarded the plane & haven't had any probs with my visa since.

I would say it's a good idea to have your grant letter, because that gives the airline all the info they need to check your status. I would hope that DIAC have improved since I had that incident, especially if they no longer routinely issue a visa label.

I should add that in the end our was all sorted, I boarded the plane & haven't had any probs with my visa since.

I would say it's a good idea to have your grant letter, because that gives the airline all the info they need to check your status. I would hope that DIAC have improved since I had that incident, especially if they no longer routinely issue a visa label.

when was this? was it recent?

Really, I wouldn't worry too much. I've been in and out of Australia four times, and never had any problems at all. One of those times was when they were just going electronic a few years ago now, and even then it only caused a very small delay in Kuala Lumpar whilst in transit - not a delay that caused a hold up in my journey.

I had a problem when checking in to my flight last July with BA because there system couldn't read my passport electronically and when they typed the details in it didn't bring up my visa. I had my visa grant letter with me and they decided that I did have the right to enter Australia and let me on the flight. I haven't had any problems with the electronic visa since. I got through immigration just fine, registered with medicare with no problems, got my drivers license okay and even had my working status check by my employer, all without a label in my passport and no need for my visa grant email.

It's a shame that all employers,schools,licencing offices,Medicare etc.....want to see the evidence....im glad my labels were free....so much easier.

It's a shame that all employers,schools,licencing offices,Medicare etc.....want to see the evidence....im glad my labels were free....so much easier.

They don't want to see the evidence in your passport - they check it on Vevo, the online system. My employer didn't even see my passport thy just asked for my passport number and did the check using that. All the places that have needed to check my visa status since I arrived in Australia last July have done it by checking the online system.

Archived