Australian engineers skills assessment

Chloe2012

Hi my name is Olivia, my husband has to do a CDR with Australian engineers and we have the application form but we are having differculty understanding what telecommunications engineers comes under in the categories which are

- professional engineer

- engineering technologist

- engineering associate

- engineering manager

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please? Any info would be great

Thanks

I've just started this route. This pdf will explain your question

http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/shado/About%20Us/Migration%20Skills%20Assessment/migration_skills_assessment_booklet.pdf'>http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/shado/About%20Us/Migration%20Skills%20Assessment/migration_skills_assessment_booklet.pdf

Everything else you need should be here

http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/

Hi my name is Olivia, my husband has to do a CDR with Australian engineers and we have the application form but we are having differculty understanding what telecommunications engineers comes under in the categories which are

- professional engineer

- engineering technologist

- engineering associate

- engineering manager

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please? Any info would be great

Thanks

Hi Olivia,

i have just gone through the same process. The link below should help.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/t/telecommunications-network-engineer.htm

I would always go for the highest level being Professional Engineer (PE). Mainly because the skill level can go down and not up.

This means an applicant for PE may get PE, but if they dont quite qualify they will get Engineering Technologist (ET) which is still Skill Level 1 (Australian Honours Degree Level). If you apply for ET that is the highest you can get. You get the same number of points for PE and ET, might as well go for the top level.

Hope this helps

Tony

Hi Olivia,

i have just gone through the same process. The link below should help.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/t/telecommunications-network-engineer.htm

I would always go for the highest level being Professional Engineer (PE). Mainly because the skill level can go down and not up.

This means an applicant for PE may get PE, but if they dont quite qualify they will get Engineering Technologist (ET) which is still Skill Level 1 (Australian Honours Degree Level). If you apply for ET that is the highest you can get. You get the same number of points for PE and ET, might as well go for the top level.

Hope this helps

Tony

Hi Tony

just wondering what level is your qualification is then in that case. My OH had and HND in mechanical eng does that make him The Ozzie equivalent of Australian Honors Degree level??? I think that too makes him an eng technologist..............lol....I think

im just untested to see if anyone knows what the Ozzie equivalent of and HND is......that's all.

thanks

J'Oz

Hi Tony

just wondering what level is your qualification is then in that case. My OH had and HND in mechanical eng does that make him The Ozzie equivalent of Australian Honors Degree level??? I think that too makes him an eng technologist..............lol....I think

im just untested to see if anyone knows what the Ozzie equivalent of and HND is......that's all.

thanks

J'Oz

Hi J'Oz,

I have an Honours Degree in Software Engineering. BUT my job is Control and Automation Engineer. So i had to go through the CDR route because my degree should have been assessed by ACS. Given my job role is different from my degree. That is why i got ET instead of PE (even with 12+ years experience)

I would say that your husband with his HND (nearly an Aus degree) and a sufficient level of experience 3+ years should apply for PE, and let them make the decision to award PE or ET. From a points basis it doesnt really matter.

Cheers

Tony

I would agree. Hnd with relevant experience should go for PE. They will assess and allocate you ET if they feel your job doesnt meet PE.

Its a real tricky one because i remember many years back after i did an apprenticeship getting a job as Plant Maintenance Engineer. I wasnt an engineer at all in the true sense of the word, i fixed machines..thats a technician.

The IMechE only considered me an engineer once i completed a degree a sat at a desk designing/planning and specifying.

The word Engineer is the most commonly banded around incorrect terminology. A domestic appliance engineer, Sky dish engineer...none of these are engineers they are technicians. etc etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Was wondering if anyone knows I was looking at the fees on the 189 visa and have seen that there are two instalments and I was wondering if the first one which is $3,060 and that is the lodging fee aswell so immigration have told me, and that needs to be paid with the application so if anyone know what I'm trying to say

Would really appreciate any feed back

Tar xxx

Westly Russell,

Dear Sir,

My EA outcome letter stated that my qulaifications in conjuction with my qualifications is equlato professional engineer skill level 1. I have my degree with distinction and working in professional institute.

Is it mean that have they considered degree in distinction + work exp, then only they give a title professional engineer skill level 1. or they may not considered work exp.?

Thank you & Best Regards,

Westly Russell,

Dear Sir,

My EA outcome letter stated that my qulaifications in conjuction with my qualifications is equlato professional engineer skill level 1. I have my degree with distinction and working in professional institute.

Is it mean that have they considered degree in distinction + work exp, then only they give a title professional engineer skill level 1. or they may not considered work exp.?

Thank you & Best Regards,

• 5 years later...
On 26/01/2013 at 09:24, coastie said:

I've an HND in Electrical Engineering and went the CDR route. As stated above, if you have HND plus relevant experience then Professional Engineer would be the way to go.

CDR is hard work so best of luck.

Coastie.

Hello Coastie,

I have HND (Higher National Diploma from Nigeria) in Chemical Engineering and i just completed a BEng in Petroleum Engineering last year. i have 5 years work experience as an Engineering Technologist in a University with my HND. The classification for HND is not really clear on the Australia website. this post is here since 2013 and i dont know if there are any changes. will my HND still qualifies me for Professional Engineers?

Will be glad to get your reply.