Should I chase DIAC even if agent has already?

Addison05

Hi all

Agent e mailed today to say they have e mailed CO to find out progress as refered Oct 18th and think should of heard something by now.

Was going to ring tonight, what do you guys think I should do?, do you think it would do any harm?

Thanks

:wink:

Hi all

Agent e mailed today to say they have e mailed CO to find out progress as refered Oct 18th and think should of heard something by now.

Was going to ring tonight, what do you guys think I should do?, do you think it would do any harm?

Thanks

:wink:

I would ring them, looking at other timelines on a few spreadsheets GH seem to be dealing with beginning of November now. Let us know how you get on :) Good luck.

good luck. apparently around 9am their time is the best to call. Last person I heard that called was told they are processing medicals around first week in Nov.

You shouldnt be far away from getting sorted.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Short-cutting around an agent and contacting DIAC on your own opens up all kinds of potential issues, including a CO interpreting that call to mean it's OK to communicate directly to you instead of the agent in the future. Plus, if the agent asks you about matters or asks you for direction on a specific issue, you may inadvertently be compromising your case depending on your response and the subject matter being asked about. If your agent is not communicating effectively with DIAC to your satisfaction, I'd recommend either having a conversation with that agent and agreeing on how communications will be conducted going forward, or finding a new agent who communicates in a manner that you find is acceptable.

Short-cutting around an agent and contacting DIAC on your own opens up all kinds of potential issues, including a CO interpreting that call to mean it's OK to communicate directly to you instead of the agent in the future. Plus, if the agent asks you about matters or asks you for direction on a specific issue, you may inadvertently be compromising your case depending on your response and the subject matter being asked about. If your agent is not communicating effectively with DIAC to your satisfaction, I'd recommend either having a conversation with that agent and agreeing on how communications will be conducted going forward, or finding a new agent who communicates in a manner that you find is acceptable.

It is quite legitimate for a case officer or some other DIAC officer to contact an applicant directly, but as a rule not without advising the RMA acting. If the DIAC is undertaking one of their so-called 'integrity checks' (a pity the do not undertake them on themselves) an unannounced workplace or home visit is on the cards.

If you receive an email such as this from a case officer who is clearly on side:

****************************************************************************************************************************Dear Mr Russell

Thank you for additional information.

If the applicant’s birth certificate has been lost or damaged, she needs to contact a district office to get a letter confirming her birth place.

If the applicant could also call me for further clarification. Once she has obtained all outstanding documents from xxx authorities, please send a hard copy (including translation) to us.

****************************************************************************************************************************

and provided you are confident that nothing is likely to go awry there is no harm in advising your client to contact the case officer directly or vice versa.

I wouldn't contact the DIAC, you are paying your agent for the help and advice. Don't do anything without their say so. The agent is acting in your best interest and you should take their advice on board. I accept that the process is frustrating and time consuming and there are many of us in the same boat as you. Hang in there don't blow the chance for the golden ticket.

best regards

Garyupnorth..

Archived