Any decent real estate agents in Melbourne to recommend?

florentinustay

Hi ,

started a thread to see if I can get some decent recommendations for real estate agents in Melbourne to recommend that you've personally used and would not hesistate to use again.

our story is a little like this:

we are a family of two, with a lovely pooch thats become like our son....i have a job and start work in the Mulgrave area around the start of February, and my former lecturer has been kind enough to offer her place to put us up until we find our home. However, we wouldnt want to take advantage of her kindness for too long, and to inconvenience her. As such, since our dog will be in quarantine from the end of February, we have a little over a month plus to find a rental. Have already tried realestate.com.au, domain.com.au , gumtree.com.au

So we're basically thinking of using a real estate agent since time is of the essence. Would you be able to recommend any? We're on a budget, and my wife thinks that a rental for a house at $250 a week is do-able in the Eastern region, but I think otherwise.

a rental for a house at $250 a week is do-able in the Eastern region, but I think otherwise.

Depends where you mean by "Eastern region" but I reckon $250 a week anywhere within 50kms of Melbourne CBD is not going to provide you with a very good standard of accommodation.

The real estate agent doesn't matter - you get the one that comes with the house you are interested in. Realestate.com.au rentals section would be the place to go.

HTH

BB

Personally would never recommend a real estate agent lol.

Two fifty will not get you a decent one bedroom flat.

To get a house you will be looking over four hundred for a decent one, if you want to be stones throw from Mulgrave.

Units where I live on the Peninsula are over three hundred dollars a week.

Units are small bungalows if you have no knowledge of Aus and on land with others.

Springvale, Noble Park may be cheaper but I do not recommend them as areas I would want to live in.

thank you all for the input! really appreciate the kind advice dished out, and would definitely have to re-work our budget to see whats available then! Might probably look for $350+ for housing then...

Noted many of the post mentioned that Mulgrave is in the south-eastern suburb, Im hearing that places like Frankston South, Burwood are recommended? Are they any other suburbs that would be advisable to stay in?

• 4 weeks later...

we are trying to secure a rental in Melbourne at the moment, mainly through realestate.com and I have to say that ALL the agents ~ without exception are crap ~ none of them return your call.

We have applied for 4 over the last 3 weeks and none of them have been bothered to call us back, nor phoned the references we provided.

Looks like we maybe living in the street next month

Hi ,

started a thread to see if I can get some decent recommendations for real estate agents in Melbourne to recommend that you've personally used and would not hesistate to use again.

our story is a little like this:

we are a family of two, with a lovely pooch thats become like our son....i have a job and start work in the Mulgrave area around the start of February, and my former lecturer has been kind enough to offer her place to put us up until we find our home. However, we wouldnt want to take advantage of her kindness for too long, and to inconvenience her. As such, since our dog will be in quarantine from the end of February, we have a little over a month plus to find a rental. Have already tried realestate.com.au, domain.com.au , gumtree.com.au

So we're basically thinking of using a real estate agent since time is of the essence. Would you be able to recommend any? We're on a budget, and my wife thinks that a rental for a house at $250 a week is do-able in the Eastern region, but I think otherwise.

I don't think you'll get a rental for that in my opinion. And to answer your question I could never recommend a real estate agent... all crooks to me!

we are trying to secure a rental in Melbourne at the moment, mainly through realestate.com and I have to say that ALL the agents ~ without exception are crap ~ none of them return your call.

We have applied for 4 over the last 3 weeks and none of them have been bothered to call us back, nor phoned the references we provided.

Looks like we maybe living in the street next month

Where are you trying to live? Which suburb?

BB

Where are you trying to live? Which suburb?

BB

If they are heading out Frankston way, what about Jono?

Ok, so he is a bit of an offroad nutter, but he is a real nice guy when it comes down to it, which isnt the norm when dealing with Real estate agents over here in general :)

Rental agents in Melbourne are all dreadful. The best of a bad bunch (I'm not calling it a recommendation) is the one we eventually used Melbourne Asset Management. But they probably don't cover the area you want. What makes them the best? They returned our call and actually showed us the property we'd found on RealEstate.com.au - believe it or not most agents can't even be bothered to do that including another agent who was advertising 3 apartments in the same building.

The system most agents employ is called open house where they arrange a set time when you can view the property together with dozens of other people and that's the only time you can see it. Now that might be understandable for properties that are occupied so the current tenants are disrupted as little as possible but 90% of the properties we viewed were empty.

Archived