University fees - are they domestic or international?

debbie2302

We have our PR visa and have done for 3.5 years but due to personal circumstances have not been able to make the move earlier, my dilemma now is that my children are nearly 6 months into their A levels and I want them to finish them here in the UK as I know at the age of 17 they are too old to go into yr 11/12 in Oz.

My question is as we will hopefully be arriving in Oz a few months before our 5 year PR is up, will university fees be classed as domestic or international, not sure if there is some kind of rule about being in the country a couple of years before starting uni to qualify for domestic fees. Depending on the answer could very well determine if we are to come over at all.

Hope someone can help?

Debbie

Guest Bazinga

PR is PR. Doesn't matter how long you've physically been in the country. They will have to pay everything upfront each term but it's domestic, not international.

Guest Bazinga

Depends on uni/course etc but mainly if they're starting at the beginning of an academic year its between Aug and end of Oct but some unis have been still offering places starting Feb 2013 now.

Archived