Sunshine or Golden coast

John Griffin

Prefer the Sunshine Coast, if you can find work. Either would do though at a push. Not too fussed about Surfers Paradise. OK for a visit but some of it is looking a bit shabby. Broadbeach is a bit nicer and newer and further South you get some nice smaller places.

I reckon it will all seem good after Geraldton.

The Gold Coast is huge and has a lot more than just surfers paradise which the locals tend to avoid anyway as its full of tourists,lol.. The advantage i personally feel the GC has over the SC is you can live 10 to 15 mins from the hustle and bustle and feel a world away, so, its great if you like somewhere quieter to live within easy access to theme parks, beaches, nightspots etc etc.

I agree with others though, to go where you can find work and search a commutable distance from there for somewhere to live.

Cal x

The Gold Coast is huge and has a lot more than just surfers paradise which the locals tend to avoid anyway as its full of tourists,lol.. The advantage i personally feel the GC has over the SC is you can live 10 to 15 mins from the hustle and bustle and feel a world away, so, its great if you like somewhere quieter to live within easy access to theme parks, beaches, nightspots etc etc.

Exactly. Judging the Gold Coast by Surferes alone is like judging London by assuming its all like Brixton.

Its horses for courses but I much prefer the GC, more to do and closer to Brisbane, some parts of the Gold Coast are stunning, and the Hinterland is nearby and a total contrast.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived