Advice re baby!

Helz980

Hi folks

its been a very long time since I posted!! A lot has happened since I landed in oz jan 12 to activate my pr visa & start a new life in oz: first thing found out I was pregnant 3 days before we flew, then found out it was triplets, then lost the twins, decided i needed home so left hubby out here working, had my baby 11 weeks early! Hubby missed birth but came home for 10 weeks then he returned. Am still in the uk with our LO but needed to know what visa I should be applying for (I know I need to apply for her pr) but I want to go out earlier so we can have some resemblance of being a family. I've checked the immi site but got confused!

Thanks that bit I know but I need to find out what I can get so we can travel across in January as the class 101 can take 14 months plus. Thanks though!

Hi, I have read on here before to apply for a 12month visitor visa and while in OZ you can apply for 101.

Thanks that bit I know but I need to find out what I can get so we can travel across in January as the class 101 can take 14 months plus. Thanks though!

There is no visa designed for "whilst you wait" for another visa. You could only hope that you could get away with a tourist visa.

Either you lodge Child 101 in Uk then can travel to Australia, with child on Visitors Visa (6 or 12 month), then you will need to leave Australia for few days for the visa to be granted.

Or Travel to Australia on Visitors visa (evisitor wont have no further stay condition), and lodge 802 Child Visa onshore.

Onshore takes longer and is more expensive.

Offshore is about 9 months, (UK is not considered High Risk country). The child will require a medical and both you and your husband will need to submit new Police checks.

Speak to a Registered migration Agent about best option.

As you already have your visa, you can make changes including adding a new child. I enquired with the processing centre last week. They said to fill in Form 1022 and send with a copy of the baby's birth certificate etc. processing time is 3 days.

As you already have your visa, you can make changes including adding a new child. I enquired with the processing centre last week. They said to fill in Form 1022 and send with a copy of the baby's birth certificate etc. processing time is 3 days.

Once a visa has been granted - the file is closed. No applicants can be added to this visa - hence a separate visa

The above is only the case for a application that has been lodged but not yet granted.

Once a visa has been granted - the file is closed. No applicants can be added to this visa - hence a separate visa

The above is only the case for a application that has been lodged but not yet granted.

I'll call them back to check as my details were known when I was told (activated 175)

I'll call them back to check as my details were known when I was told (activated 175)

I can assure you that after your visa has been granted any secondary applicants can not be added to the visa. Any children born outside Australia to parents that hold a PR visa validated or not, will need to go through the Child Migration process.

The people in the DIAC help desk are often wrong.

Without a shadow of a doubt you were told wrong. It is only possible to add people to an application, once visa is granted there is no way of adding anyone else (for this type of visa).

• 1 month later...
Guest JonnyNI

I am now in the same situation, realistically how long after the baby/babies are born can you expect to travel??? We would want to wait for at least a month anyway...

Thanks, Jonny

Hi Jonny,

I'd probably get some advice from your midwife/doctor about how soon to fly. It will depend on a number of things, not least of all how smoothly and trouble free the birth is. You'd need to make sure you had bassinet seats, and you'd both have to be able to hold a bub when they weren't allowed in them (take-off, turbulence, landing etc). If there are any complications or your missus needs a C-section I'd probably say minimum of 4-6 weeks (this is based purely on how I felt after Siena's arrival, not on any medical opinion.)

Thanks Guys,

In terms of sorting out the visas for the new arrivals, how long should that take?

Jonny

If applying for a subclass 101 (PR visa) in the UK about 9 months. Alternatively getting an eVisitor visa takes no time at all (getting the passport you need first takes longer), but you'll then need to apply onshore and apparently that takes longer (15 months or more). You can also apply for the 101 offshore (i.e. in UK) and then apply for a visitor visa (don't know if an eVisitor is permitted in this case) and keep your CO informed (you normally get a CO for a 101 within 2 weeks of applying - no idea what they do for the rest of the 9 months) so you can leave Australia before the visa is granted.

Hi jonny

olivias passport took a week!!

Her 676 tourist visa for 6 months took a couple of weeks, we need to ccome back for my brothers wedding & will apply for her PR visa then which can take as little as 2 months upwards (that's what immigration told me when I rang)

hope this helps x

You'd need to make sure you had bassinet seats, and you'd both have to be able to hold a bub when they weren't allowed in them (take-off, turbulence, landing etc).

Alternatively you can pay toddler rates for a seat and use a flight-approved car seat. More expensive, but it does mean you've got a bit more space and bub would be in a familiar seat, not to mention the much improved safety of car-seats vs having infants on your lap.

We are taking our baby (on Thursday) on an 12 month e676 visa pending his 101 being issued.

We were very clear on his 676 application that the rest of the family is migrating on a 175visa.

I have an email from Australia House saying they are okay with this, plus and email from our case officer saying he will let us know when to leave Australia to have the visa issued.

Will update next week with exactly what is said / done when we take him in.

Alternatively you can pay toddler rates for a seat and use a flight-approved car seat. More expensive, but it does mean you've got a bit more space and bub would be in a familiar seat, not to mention the much improved safety of car-seats vs having infants on your lap.

You can only do this with a baby 6 months or older, we pushed our flights back a few weeks so our baby can have a separate seat.

Hi jonny

olivias passport took a week!!

Her 676 tourist visa for 6 months took a couple of weeks, we need to ccome back for my brothers wedding & will apply for her PR visa then which can take as little as 2 months upwards (that's what immigration told me when I rang)

hope this helps x

We applied offshore (London) for a 101 in August 2012 and no sign of a visa yet. I really doubt you'll get a visa in 2months.

I know it might not take 2 months just saying what I was told by immigration

Yep.. they told us maximum 4 months when we asked... But once we applied they said 9-14 months :mad: not helpful when trying to plan your life!

Archived