Introducing me :)

Laura2406

Hello everyone - Just wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I are currently at the beginning of our PR visa pathway. We have 2 small children and I am a Midwife so all pressure is on me!! Have completed my IELTS (8.5) and just awaiting results of ANMAC skills assessment. Just wondered what the next step after that is?? Would it be through Skills Select and completing an EOI?? Have no idea where we would like to move to - although I spent a year out in Australia before marriage and kids, and hubby and I honeymooned in Australia for a month, and we both fell in love with Perth and Sydney!!

Look forward to chatting to you all and receiving as much advice and info as possible, and hopefully meeting some of you over on the other side

:biggrin:

xxx

Hi Laura

As a nurse you will find plenty of help and advice as you begin your journey. Next step for you personally will be to apply for registration in oz. I assume you don't have a job so you can apply to any office. AHPRA can be a nightmare so make sure you dot the i and cross the t.

Good luck for the journey x

Thank you all for your lovely welcomes :) My husband is a self-employed Thatcher (not sure if theres much call for that in Australia!!) and Ive been a Midwife for nearly 18 mths now. @rachall - if I commence my AHPRA application, is there a time limit or anything once youre registered, and how do I go about answering the part about area, and where do I post it to, if I havent got a job yet? I have contacted some hospitals in NSW and WA for jobs, and both are quite promising

Thanks everyone for your help and advice xxx

Hi Laura

You have a year from the time you receive your letter of Eligibility to validate your registration. The application process can take some time depending on which state you send it to, some nurses on here have sent their applications to quieter offices, like darwin and have been processed very quickly, others have waited months. I sent mine to Sydney as I have a job offer there so had no choice. If you receive your eligibility and are not able to enter the country within the year you can apply for an extension.

If you go to the AHPRA website it will give you details of all the evidence they require, it can take sometime to compile this as there is quite a lot of info needed. It will also tell you the office addresses.

Good luck, if you need any help, there are loads of us on here that have negotiated the AHPRA mine field and lived :)

Archived