Medicals this week....got to take an intelligence test??

smw

Hi,

My partner and i have our medicals this week and are worried about all the tests, they want to do!!

Got to have, hearing and intelligence testing as part of it?. Has anyone had to go through this?

Steph

Hi,

My partner and i have our medicals this week and are worried about all the tests, they want to do!!

Got to have, hearing and intelligence testing as part of it?. Has anyone had to go through this?

Steph

What visa are you applying for? My partner (on a PMV visa) only had chest X-ray, blood and urine test and then a general examination with a few medical type questions that included asking a about his eyes and his hearing. There was no hearing or intelligence test. :confused:

Who told you that? :biglaugh::biglaugh: imagine that you have to have a certain IQ level to be allowed to live in Australia! Testing includes your weight, blood pressure check, vision check, urine test, physical exam ( just a very routine one, takes one minute), X ray, blood tests ( not sure about the last 2 in your situation because I am a medical professional and had to do it, as well as I know teachers and daycare workers have to do it).

Who told you that? :biglaugh::biglaugh: imagine that you have to have a certain IQ level to be allowed to live in Australia! Testing includes your weight, blood pressure check, vision check, urine test, physical exam ( just a very routine one, takes one minute), X ray, blood tests ( not sure about the last 2 in your situation because I am a medical professional and had to do it, as well as I know teachers and daycare workers have to do it).

Hiya, applying for the 489..i think (numbers keep changing!!) on the tick sheet sent by my agent, which we take, it mentions an intelligence test. Well, will my other half might struggle, not the sharpest tool!!!!!

We are worrying too much then?!

Hiya, applying for the 489..i think (numbers keep changing!!) on the tick sheet sent by my agent, which we take, it mentions an intelligence test. Well, will my other half might struggle, not the sharpest tool!!!!!

We are worrying too much then?!

Sounds like you could be worrying a wee bit much. as others have said its pretty basic wee check over look in mouth eyes bp, listen to chest. chest x ray, blood test, height weight and reading eye chart. DONE and costs a small fortune :biglaugh:

Good Luck!

Hi,

Steph

When I had my medical the doctor had to tick that I was of average intelligence. I didn't do a test as such, just spoke to him normally and he was able to tell that I obviously didn't have any issues of being particularly low intelligence. I was actually slightly offended as I consider myself to be of above average intelligence, but the options were normal intelligence or low intelligence. No actual test to take though.

Sounds like you could be worrying a wee bit much. as others have said its pretty basic wee check over look in mouth eyes bp, listen to chest. chest x ray, blood test, height weight and reading eye chart. DONE and costs a small fortune :biglaugh:

Good Luck!

Hi Neenie,

Phew, thats a reflief. Worried us a little, when they said it would take about an hour and a half!! Cant believe how much it costs!!!

Thanks

Steph

Guest littlesarah

I'm guessing that 'intelligence' refers to whether a person has an intellectual disability rather than their actual intelligence level.

Hi Neenie,

Phew, thats a reflief. Worried us a little, when they said it would take about an hour and a half!! Cant believe how much it costs!!!

Thanks

Steph

We didnt have to do that for our medicals well not that i remember anyway eek. Medicals do cost a small fortune, ours ended up costing an extra £600 due to hubbys blood pressure which went through the roof - which is what i felt like doing when it turned out he was just frightened of doctors - white coat sydrome. Could have killed him. Good luck

Well weve been, wasnt that bad after all. did feel like some of the tests were pointless, felt we were paying for something that wasnt needed. My fella was a little upset when he came out, the doc asked him to loosen his belt to check for lumps etc, whipped down his boxers without notice!!! he wasnt happy the doc exposed the old chap!!!

Archived