Mobile sim for Brisbane????

Jit7

Hi

My husband and I have finally arrived in Brisbane. Still sorting things out so will post about my experiences as soon as possible.

Can I ask a question about mobile phones please? I already have a phone so only need a sim but I don't know what network to go with. We are going to be staying close to the CBD, probably kangaroo point. I will be using calls and text but want around 250-300MB data as will need social network, skype when out and about and most importantly maps on my phone (hence lots of data).

Please advise - feel a bit confused with what I've read so far

Thanks

Not actually sure of the network coverage in Brisbane so can't help you that

Telstra is the main provider and has the biggest coverage over Australia but you do pay a little more

I've now switched all our phones to Telstra as Optus Number 2 in Oz (I think) is not good reception where I live

Telstra you should be fine for coverage etc

Hopefully some more members will be along who are in Brisbane area to help you more

Inside Brisbane, the coverage from all the main players is fine. The differences start to show when you go outside the capital. Once you leave the city, Telstra has the best coverage with Optus a fairly close second and all the others a lot more patchy.

Guest frangipani

I am in Brisbane and am with Virgin and have never had any problems anywhere but have only been as far as top of sunshine coast and byron bay. My husband is with telstra and I get a better reception from home than he does. He also pays more $ for a lesser package. I think virgin use optus coverage.

Archived