189 Invitation on 15th Oct Gang

thegeek

Hi All,

I checked and there isn't any official thread on all those who have received an Invite for 189 Skilled Independent visa on 15th Oct, so here's a thread for the same.

I'll start:

One of the lucky few with 60 Points to get an invite. I had Submitted the EOI on 2nd July.

Is anybody aware what all soft copies do we need of the docs before we click on that Scary 'Apply' button on the said Visa?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I also received an invite, I have 65 points. I submitted my EOI last Oct.5. I haven't got my latest Cert of Employment from my current employer so I have not tried clicking that Apply button.

Guest bodhisattva

Congrats geek ..best of luck ahead...i submitted EOI 60 Points 2nd july at about 8.57pm Melbourne time..didnt get invite..so assuming you had submitted earlier in the day...Would you share the time when u had applied for EOI on july 2nd and the EOI number as well Mine was E0000047184

Thanks

Guest Danial Shah
Yes...finally got it... attaching docs as we speak. Quite a system :) Got bridging visa in an hour!

SkillSelect is the best ;) .. Although i havent got benefited yet I submitted my EOI on 26th July. I am not very hopeful for the next round but Definately in the one after ... Yeah baby Fingers Crossed ;)

Thanks everyone. I am also from the ICT stream, Analyst Programmer to be precise. And to answer bodhisattva, I had submitted my EOI on 2nd July early morning around 1 AM Sydney time and my EOI id is around 18000 less than yours. Also I hold a 457 visa and was in Sydney when I had applied on the EOI. BTW, for all of us 189 ones, have a look at this thread I have created on the checklist of the documents and share your comments- http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/165549-checklist-189-common-forms-supporting-docs-diy.html

Edited by thegeek

Guest bodhisattva
Thanks everyone. I am also from the ICT stream, Analyst Programmer to be precise. And to answer bodhisattva, I had submitted my EOI on 2nd July early morning around 1 AM Sydney time and my EOI id is around 18000 less than yours. Also I hold a 457 visa and was in Sydney when I had applied on the EOI. BTW, for all of us 189 ones, have a look at this thread I have created on the checklist of the documents and share your comments- http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/165549-checklist-189-common-forms-supporting-docs-diy.html

I appreciate your reply Geek ..thanks for the time that it has reached 1am sydney time and 2nd july...although in some places saw that the creation of eoi time is preferred as compared to submitted time. Also dont know if the visa thing makes any difference..since i had a 457 visa but i declined it and when i logged i was in melbourne ..and 18000 iterations is too much condering the fact that there were only 2000 approx EOI for 60 pointers in whole july. Thanks and best wishes to u Mate .

Thanks for the check list. Everything seems to be in order..just waiting for the police check and "birth cert " from the government office. Meds are next week. It's half the price to do them in Sydney than back at home. Bargain!

Can you please share which all are the mandatory documents and forms that one need to attach when we click on that apply button and make the payment?

Does it get frozen after the payment or are we free to add the documents even thereafter?

Sorry, the docs were

- passport

- ielts

- degree

- work references

- acs assessment

- police checks

(- health docs are listed but not advised to upload by applicant)

Then in the dropdown menu there are huge list of other docs that can be uploaded. Like tax certs, pay slips, birth cert, proof of address, national id, endless list of all types of pXXX docs...

You dont add any docs before the payment. A few hours after the payment you get approved/rejected and then the system lists the recommended docs and asks you to attach them.

Thanks ecg78. This is great help.I was getting worried sick getting hold of all the docs even before clicking that apply button. Gonna do this now first thing I reach back home from office. I gather this online details that we fill now is what is listed as online form 1393, right? I have Westpac bank ATM debit card. Hope that would do for the payment since it would be less hiccups in AUD. Also, I would appreciate if you can share the docs that you'll be uploading? Can't be more safe when it comes to this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joe2009

Hi everybody,

received an invite with 60 Points applied 6 August, wish you all best of luck In Shaa Allah & congratulations for all who were invited.!!!

what documents are required in details..regarding that I m not living in australia...I already have my positive assesment from Vetasses as Internal Auditor ....so do I need additional assessment for my bachelor degree to get 15 points..

Please reply to me my friends....thanks a lot

Hi All,

This might be my last post in the forum. I have been granted 189 visa 3 days ago. I received invitation on 15th October and submitted my application on 16th and finally VISA was granted on 6th November. Was surprised by the speed though. I would like to take this opportunity to thank every one here on this forum who have helped me . I also like to wish best of luck for those who have applied VISA and waiting for grant letters.

Cheers, Vinod.

Hi All,

This might be my last post in the forum. I have been granted 189 visa 3 days ago. I received invitation on 15th October and submitted my application on 16th and finally VISA was granted on 6th November. Was surprised by the speed though. I would like to take this opportunity to thank every one here on this forum who have helped me . I also like to wish best of luck for those who have applied VISA and waiting for grant letters.

Cheers, Vinod.

Congrats on your grant!!!