189 Invitation on 15th Oct Gang

thegeek

Hi all! I just lodged my application. Just wondering if I should book my medicals now or wait till I get assigned a CO? Also, to obtain police clearance, it's said on my local police website that I will need a letter from DIAC. Any idea how I can get that?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!!

Hiya. It's up to you if you arrange Medicals and police checks now. You have to enter Australia within a year of the police checks or medical. Are you desperate to get a quick visa?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Updates guys? I got my CO allocated today. I had applied on the 30th Oct. I have this small doubt regarding the Form 80 requested by the CO...Does anyone have any ideas if I need to provide the attachments(like address proof etc.) as mentioned in the form 80. Doesn't really make sense...Also I have been here in Australia total of 8 months...DO I need to provide the PCC? I had already provided the PCC for my Stay in India but the CO had asked for 'Overseas Police Clearance - National' again.. I am confused here as well

Any Updates guys? I got my CO allocated today. I had applied on the 30th Oct. I have this small doubt regarding the Form 80 requested by the CO...Does anyone have any ideas if I need to provide the attachments(like address proof etc.) as mentioned in the form 80. Doesn't really make sense...Also I have been here in Australia total of 8 months...DO I need to provide the PCC? I had already provided the PCC for my Stay in India but the CO had asked for 'Overseas Police Clearance - National' again.. I am confused here as well

hi

I got my CO today after applying for 189 visa on 31 Oct.

You need to email CO and give him whatever he asks for.He may have failed to see some docs that u submitted to the the current e-visa system issues.

You do not need to attach proof for form 80 like address ,etc.

Good news guys...I got my visa grant today....thanks a lot to everyone for all the help....will probably share more details when I am more sober.... Best of luck to everyone else.

Congratulations and enjoy your evening!

Really good news!!

Coastie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...
Visa granted on 12/12/12 Woohoo...

Weird, I have been wanting this for soo long that now its here Im a little worried!!!

Congratulations - looks like the CO's are not taking too long to process applications at the minute.

My CO has recieved all my documents and will be 'reviewing shortly' - i was hoping to get it before christmas but think i'll be waiting till Jan now.

Goodluck

• 1 month later...
I'm going through an agent and they have emailed the CO. Do COs normally respond or do they ignore you sometimes?

Hang in there Coastie, shouldn't be too long. My friend has been waiting for a CO to be assigned for more than a month and a half now.its probably because of the Holidays. DO one thing, give a call to DIAC enquiry at 131881 and quote your TRN and they'll confirm whether your medicals have been finalized or not or if there is any other issue (god forbid). Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

1am this morning I finally received the magic email with my visa grant. GSM Team 4.

Thank you everyone for your advice and, more importantly, your support.

I'm so relieved this phase is now complete. Now for the exciting part!

I'll be staying at my cousin's house in Waikiki, WA until I find a job. Who knows what will happen after that...

Coastie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD