WHV Granted :D

nickachu

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno yet, it's hot! I'm still getting adjusted as such. Wouldn't say it's "the land of opportunity" right now, but we'll see how things go. Gonna look at some houseshares today and hopefully I'll get that other job which won't involve a commute out into the middle of nowhere.Also there are lots of Germans, I mean lots of them!

LOL at the Germans comment - there seem to be lots and lots up north as well - is there anyone left in Germany itself? ( lovely country, if we hadn't of been able to get visas for here, we were going to move there).

Goodluck nickachu, just remember to have a moan on here if it all gets a bit much and you want to throw the towel in ( not jump on the first plane home, which is what I did 7 years ago in NZ - oopps!).

Also, try and plan nice little things to do/treat yourself to at the end of each week or something, so even if things are a bit pants, you have something to look forward to, no matter what.

Not that you will need any of that advice, as you will get a fab job, have brillant housemates and the best time of your life! :) enjoy and keep us updated, so we can live the dream through you LOL

Job. GET! In an irish steakhouse, so bit better than the last place. Should be good for a few months at least and then I can get settled. Seeing 2 houses today, I'll judge them as people on if they want to go to the zoo with me or not. VERY IMPORTANT!

Omg am so with you there LOL grats on the job, onwards and upwards - you need to tell us all the best bits to go to in Brisbane for when we get there ( which totally depends on the picking here on when that will be)

Grats again, hurrah!

Well I've basically just got here, so I'll no doubt find out a few things over the next month or so. Most important thing however is hugging a koala. I feel my trip will be wasted if I don't get to hug one.

I felt the same way about ks wombat, mission accomplished just south of townsville :) Be sure to sniff its back - they smell of eucalyptus :D

Yeah, shared room, but seriously doubt it was anyone in the dorm as they are all really sound, and don't even need money they've all got good jobs!

Bond is 600 and it's 160p/w. So it's not too bad, but still better than a hostel. I'll be able to unpack! I do need to buy a bed though!

Seek for jobs. I had about 4 or 5 ringing after me! I'm a wanted man! Well depends on what you do, as I have experience in cheffing it was easy enough, just casual jobs mind, but still not bad.

Gumtree for a houseshare. Lots and lots on there, so you can be selective. I only saw 3, but the 3rd one had nice people and they were like "it's yours if you want it" so I was like "sure I'll take it".

Didn't even bother looking in papers, but the hostel has a few jobs advertised on the job board. What do you do? Any particular skills? I think if you have experience in something then you'll find it easy in getting a job, no experience then a bit more difficult. If there's a few of us in Brizzy at the same time, PIO meet! :D

Lol, we are old and wrinkly, so you probably don't want us cramping style, but if you don't mind two old darts would be good to all meet up :)

We have bags of experience, but no Aussie tickets/cards etc for tjings, which is a pain ( eg I was a teacher, and that takes forever to get certified for so am not going to bother until we settle down), hopefully general office temping experience will be ok for that sort of thing, and will just see what else is about :)

Cheers for the heads up, always good to have a person on the groubd so to speak :)

I had 15 months of chef experience from sweden. And that seems more than enough to get a job with. So yeah, should have no problem at finding office jobs, I did have a look on seek and there were loads on there, so you should be fine!

Haha old darts! I've no problem with that :) Always happy to have a beer with people!