WHV Granted :D

nickachu

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty certain I've got the job, the head chef asked me in again tomorrow and thursday I'll find out whether I've got it or not. Went alright today too, no ****-ups, which is good.

Thats good, usually when you've got a good feeling about something means you've got it. How much longer are you staying in aus for?

I kinda said to them I can stay til september, I wanna leave in june then back to sweden as I'm gonna study there in september and was told I can have my old job there over the summer, so it'll be easier for me to arrange stuff if I'm there and not here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I enjoyed it, thoroughly and would recommend it to other people in an instant. I've made heaps of friends from other countries that I defo will visit. Seen stuff that I wouldn't get the chance to see over here, but as I spent most of the time living in a hostel it does drag on to an extent, the lack of privacy, people nicking your stuff etc... I'd go back, but if I go back I'd do it if I had a job lined up, or on a "more serious" visa, if you get what I mean. I'm only back for 2 weeks though, then I'm off to Sweden for 2 years, then who knows!

Not much family, most of my friends are dotted all over the country so it's a bit difficult to get around really. But they've got used to me going off now! Think they don't expect me to be back for another couple of years! Studying yeah, so hopefully after I graduate in 2 years, maybe about 2-4 years after I'll get some experience then might be able to head back, or somewhere else, we'll see!

• 6 months later...

Update regarding Tax and Super back.

Tax back came pretty quickly. About a month tops. Did it myself, no agents needed, just needed to ask my employer for a summary. Worked a charm.

Super was a bit more work, but still fairly easy. Just keep track of your account details with your super fund and it is easier.

Took about 2 months from applying to the cheque arriving at my door. Probably quicker if you use an agency, but they'll take more money.

All the info is on the government website to do it.