WHV Granted :D

nickachu

Moving back into the hostel on thursday. The fact that it has a pool swayed it for me over staying at a mates. I'll save money on bus fare too, but I imagine I'll spend more on beer, as you generally need a couple to be able to sleep in a hostel :D

Ain't that the truth lol.

Edited by lebourvellec
Forum Rules

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was in the staff room at work! Before we'd even opened! They obviously knew what they were doing. I'm hoping I can get my UK driving lisence turned over to a QLD one, even though I don't have it as I don't really fancy taking my passport whenever I fancy going out for a drink.

Can one do that? Anyone had this problem before?/work at transport?

I don't think you can get a transfer to a QLD license on a WHV, you have to be on a PR visa I think, I would look into it to double check though as i might be wrong.

Even worse when it's someone you work with that could have stolen it....lock everything up even if it means padlocking your bag and then padlocking your bag to something!

Can't you use your uk license as ID? I am sure i've used it before as ID.

It wasn't staff! It was chancers off the street! My license was in my wallet. As well as my english bank card, my ozzie bank card and my swedish bank card!

And 80$ and they used my card in the night owl just next to work for 55$. I basically want a new license as I don't want to take my passport if I go out to a club or bar or something!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I have just read you post from start to finish! I am hoping to arrive in Oz in Septemeber. So it was nice to read your experience! :)

How are you finding it? Have you made many friends? This is my biggest worry travelling on my own - i don't cope well on my own in a brand new place! I can imagine i'll be on first flight home! Eek!

I am excited! Can't wait for my adventure to begin.

Congratulations.

I also agree with Britchick play is just as important, if you plan on looking for sponsorship to be able to stay then it would be good to build a social network, I still have a very good friend that I keep in touch with after 20 years that I met during my WHV whilst working in Maccas.

Also it would be worth doing 3 months regional work so you can extend your visa for the extra year at least then you will have more time to look for sponsorship, the year goes by so fast.

Since u mention this masken, do u think its best to do this first? Or get a job in the field you want to try get sponsored in then if no luck do regional work after? Cheers :-D