If only I could find.............What can't you get here in WA?

Bridgeman

I'm just pointing out that there are art galleries, there are music festivals, there are places where you can party until the wee small house, there are corner shops, there are high streets and not just shopping centres, there is good cheese, there are places open after 9.30pm there's even autumn leaves. You can't compare Perth to big European cities but it's not some lifeless backwater or life. My son's 20 - never been short of places to party - it's having the cash to afford it that is the problem.

Living in inner city Leederville after 9 pm is a little limited for food.Unless a Kebab is your thing. I know too many folk here whose 20-24 year old kids have gone East or further afield to know that many of the young find the scene dull after experiencing more energetic places which to be honest are hardly difficult to find.

Oh, and as a cheese fanatic, I am sorry, but Oz cheese is crap. Was having a massive cheese platter down in Margaret river and we were thinking some were pretty average and a few very good. Then discovered the very goods were all imports. Likewise beef. Most Oz beef is from feedlots and it shows.

Agree just back from SouTh Africa and that is far superior meat,not just the beef but obviously so many different varieties. Not forgetting the third less in price(or more) Cheese platter there almost as good as France....Some cheese okay here at a price but prefer for special occasions imports which cost......

Can't drink tea here there's something not right about it.

It'll be the water. Try getting yourself a water filter and use filtered water in your kettle. It won't taste the same as what you're used to, but the same applies if you move from one area of the UK to another.

Agree just back from SouTh Africa and that is far superior meat,not just the beef but obviously so many different varieties. Not forgetting the third less in price(or more) Cheese platter there almost as good as France....Some cheese okay here at a price but prefer for special occasions imports which cost......

Agree. Spent time in SA last year with work and amazing. What was interesting is last night we went to a very good restaurant in Perth. Amuse. Cheese course was amazing but all imported and the matched wines were nearly all imported. Says something.

Archived