Been in oz for 12weeks now, any questions??? Re pets, shipping, family, anything

hogan

Hi, I have read many threads for many months on pomsinoz, and now I have done it all I can now give my honest answers, I used a international removal company and brought pets and rent, we have moved to terrigal on the central coast nsw, feel free if I can help x

Guest Jassop

Congrats on the move and hope you're loving it?? I got my 457 through today :biggrin: !!! Booking flights this week to fly out first week of october, but would love info on finding cat friendly rentals - my cat can't come out unti end of November due to rabies injection 5 month wait - who did you use to get your pets out and what was quarantine like?? And how easy to get a pet friendly rental??

thanks for your offer of advice, very kind of you x

hi, yes we love it here so far, we used petair uk to fly 2 dogs and a cat, we had no problems and everything ran smoothly, i wouldn't say its hard to find a rental the trouble is you dont get a lot to choose from and you seem to be limited, we are happy with what we have for the time being, but we hope to buy after the 6 months ish because you only get offered the older properties but saying that if its only a cat you have then you should be fine, my cat was more pleased to see us at the end of quarentine then what the dogs were, she was really excited when we brought her home and she has been extra affectionate since being out ( been about 6weeks) , the only trouble i am finding is that she does not want to go outside, in england she was quite a hunter, but here the parrots and lorikets are just too noisy and scare the life out of her so she has turned into a bit of an indoor cat but she seems very happy still, good luck with everything

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi Hogan. 5 months in - are you still lovin it? :yes:

By the way, your location shows Norfolk. Is that Norfolk England or Aus?

Hi, been here 7 months now and still absolutely love it !!! I better change my location we were living in Norfolk England, we moved to terrigal nsw, are you in England still?

My husband is trying to get settled in terrigal

at the moment. He is staying in a cheap hotel

in gosford and working in Sydney but the

money is not good enough for me and our 2 small

boys to follow. He has been gone 3 months and if

he doesn't get anothr job soon he will come back ?

My husband is trying to get settled in terrigal

at the moment. He is staying in a cheap hotel

in gosford and working in Sydney but the

money is not good enough for me and our 2 small

boys to follow. He has been gone 3 months and if

he doesn't get anothr job soon he will come back 

Oh I'm sorry Tinkerbell. Keep your chins up and hopefully something better will come along. x

Hi, been here 7 months now and still absolutely love it !!! I better change my location we were living in Norfolk England, we moved to terrigal nsw, are you in England still?

Well that's good to hear! Time is dragging for us as we've been playing the waiting game for a while. We're still in Norfolk England for now - just east of Norwich. We plan to move June/July at the end of the school year.

Well that's good to hear! Time is dragging for us as we've been playing the waiting game for a while. We're still in Norfolk England for now - just east of Norwich. We plan to move June/July at the end of the school year.

The waiting game is horrible, our life was on hold for so long, but once you get here you will forget all about it, where are you looking at Living? I wouldn't worry too much about finishing the school year ( unless your child is in the final year of course) the school terms are all so different here and they go back a year too,

Guest Bazinga

Terrigal is beautiful, I got married there last year. Re the cat, aren't they supposed to be kept in especially at night so they don't kill the wildlife? My Inlaws live in Gosford, well, a little way out in Wyoming but there's no work in Sydney & we'd spend our whole lives commuting which isn't what we want so we are in Canberra. Can your husband try another city or is he state tied?

Archived