Change Entry Date

Tanner76

Hi,

We recently got our visa granted but have since discovered that we are going to have a baby.

We were planning to go in May just before the entry date expiry but the baby will only be three months old.

Do you think that we will be able to push the deadline back?

Thanks!

Hi,

We recently got our visa granted but have since discovered that we are going to have a baby.

We were planning to go in May just before the entry date expiry but the baby will only be three months old.

Do you think that we will be able to push the deadline back?

Thanks!

Hopefully someone who has been in your situation will be along in a minute but I am pretty sure you will not be able to delay so may need to book a validation trip. I would ask the CO that handled your case as you never know but I would not be hopeful. Also worth taking into consideration how long it will take to get your baby a visa before planning a permanent move. The baby will not automatically get a visa just because it's parents have, unfortunatly you will need to apply separately for that. Good luck.

As far as I'm aware the entry date cannot be changed. Maybe contact oz immigration & see if there are any exceptions when they will change it, I doubt it though unfortunately.

Thanks for the replies.

I should have mentioned that we were going to validate our visas in May.

Does a child visa (101) need to be validated or can we validate our visas and then migrate with the baby on the child visa whenever we need to (we are thinking migrating end of 2014 about 18 months after our validation)?

You validation date can not be changed.

A child 101 visa also needs to be Validated, but it takes 5-7 months for it to be granted, therefore it would not be granted before you need to validate your own visas.

Maybe you should think about getting your visa validated sooner,i.e in the next few months if you are not planning on going until 2014. As you must only be able 3-4 months pregnant just now.

I think the above makes sense. Go validate now while you are early on in pregnancy. Then sort out the visa for baby once arrived and closer to the actual move.

Nope I asked for my visa to be put on hold knowing I'd be in the same situation and was denied because I had completed medicals. I then asked for an extension on the validation date and was told pregnancy is not cause to change the date given and I had to validate 6 months pregnant and got stuck by a volcano on the way back!

We validated our visas in sep 2008 when I was 26 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child (who was a nice surprise!) We have been struggling to sell our house so we waited until our house had sold to apply for child visa 101 so to avoid another validation trip. We applied for his visa in april this year and have been told it will be granted no problems he is just basically in a queue and we are looking at october. We were told our initial validation date would not be moved for a pregnancy so we decided to go earlier.

Same as above, if you can, go sooner. We found out my wife was pregnant 2 weeks after visa granted so made the validation trip asap. The child visa will need to applied for and validated too but you can plan that in with your emigration trip. Or I guess you could totally revise your plan and emigrate mid-pregnancy?? :)

Archived