The positives about Perth

bell123321

Ok so lately I have noticed a lot of negative threads on how expensive or boring Perth is or why to leave. So I thought I would start the opposite for those people wanting the positives about Perth. I will start the ball rolling:

Beautiful Beaches

Lots of outdoor activities

Kings Park

Rottnest Island - beautiful for so many reasons

Friendly laid back approach from people

Very family friendly

Nice weather

Clean transport system

Good thread Bell, there are loads of things to love about Perth, everything you have mentioned:-)

But I honestly think inland and the hills are just as nice but I think the majority of people love the beach, the beaches are great but not my thing although we do go a few times a year:-)

we have outdoor concerts by local groups in the summer

Perth City is lovely I love the drive up the freeway and it still blows me away.

South Perth foreshore and Applecross are great for picnics with lovely views across to the city and Kings Park.

Less traffic

Laney x

My list from never having been there:

- if you love surf beaches but want to live near a city Perth offers this with the weather to enjoy it.

- very low unemployment relative to most places.

- family friendly and great outdoor stuff for those who love that

- freemantle

- clean, quiet and pleasant

- some lovely natural places to visit in surrounds

- Some well designed public transport train lines

- Future growth (Elizabeth quays, northbridge link?, etc)

Guest guest17301

At the end of the day we all know that Perth ranks up there as one of the most desirable places on Earth to spend a few years, several years or the rest of your life...there isnt much it doesnt offer...theres crime and antisocial behaviour as in any place on earth but in generals the locals feel relatively safe, its as expensive as any major city and the cost of living is directly correlated to the kind of lifestyle you want to lead, (as in any major city) wages are high, the economy is buouyant......its quiet..its buzzing..its clean...bits are dirty...it has fantastic opportunities for young and old, great modern transport systems and infrastructure...people are still clamouring to come and live here...its all good. Its diverse, there is more to Perth than is often presented on this forum....There will always be people who wont like it..thats life. Suck it and see...or dont.

Guest aphex2k

Road trips

Margaret River

The hills

Rotto

Little Creatures / Sail and Anchor / Mad Monks for lovely ales

Cycling

Gigs at Freo arts centre

Buster the Fun Bus

Skyworks

Road trips

Margaret River

The hills

Rotto

Little Creatures / Sail and Anchor / Mad Monks for lovely ales

Cycling

Gigs at Freo arts centre

Buster the Fun Bus

Skyworks

I can't have been the only one wondering :biggrin:

Buster the Fun Bus

buster.jpg

Buster the Fun Bus is a free parenting support service, which operates throughout the Cities of Fremantle and Melville and offers support, information and resources to parents to enhance their parenting skills.

Buster travels to community parks and venues offering a service for parents and their children to meet informally, to create networks, and be involved in creative and developmentally appropriate activities.

The service provides opportunities to extend children's play and development, while supporting and encouraging parents/carers to participate positively in their child/children's play.

Term 3 runs from Tuesday 24 July to Friday 28 Sptember 2012 and sessions run from Tuesday to Friday between 9:30–11:30 am.

View the term 3 program to find a Buster the Fun Bus venue near you.

Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times and please leave dogs at home.

Buster the Fun Bus is funded by the City of Fremantle, City of Melville and the Department of Communities.

At the end of the day we all know that Perth ranks up there as one of the most desirable places on Earth to spend a few years, several years or the rest of your life...there isnt much it doesnt offer...theres crime and antisocial behaviour as in any place on earth but in generals the locals feel relatively safe, its as expensive as any major city and the cost of living is directly correlated to the kind of lifestyle you want to lead, (as in any major city) wages are high, the economy is buouyant......its quiet..its buzzing..its clean...bits are dirty...it has fantastic opportunities for young and old, great modern transport systems and infrastructure...people are still clamouring to come and live here...its all good. Its diverse, there is more to Perth than is often presented on this forum....There will always be people who wont like it..thats life. Suck it and see...or dont.

Spot on Fiona...it is like marmite.

I had a lovely bit of fish at Cicerellos yesterday in Mandurah...it wasn't expensive imo either....

We went to Cicerellos in Mandurah was lovely! We managed to get some combo deal with 4 peices of fish and looooads of chips which worked out good value compared to buying it seperately. Yummy really want to go Cicerellos now!! lol

Guest guest17301
We went to Cicerellos in Mandurah was lovely! We managed to get some combo deal with 4 peices of fish and looooads of chips which worked out good value compared to buying it seperately. Yummy really want to go Cicerellos now!! lol

Nice views too!

I do find the word laid back way over used in the context of Perth. This was more the case years back....I find in the past two years especially, even Perth, here I refer to the central area has taken on a really corporate look....

I did not find many laid back aussies to be honest, I found they lived for work and their next big car..fair play to them though as they work longer and harder than brits.

Firstly thanks Bell123321 for looking at the positives! I must say I do wonder why so many people are still here with all the negativity that seems to have been posted lately! Leave Perth to those of us that LOVE it!!

In our experience we have found Perth to be clean, friendly, very inexpensive to entertain my kids who love the outdoors, there are plenty of beautiful places nearby to explore and you dont have to go far to escape the crowds! The weather is fab, even in winter, its easy to find a spot on the beach and get parking!, the houses are generally bigger and detached, no M25! apart from rush hour the roads are less congested, camping is fun, the wines and seafood are great! I could go on and on, suffice to say we think its a great place and I am so grateful we have had the opportunity to experience life here!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The weather is fab.

The weather is fab.

The weather is fab.

The weather is fab.

The weather is fab.

The weather is fab.

The weather is fab.

The weather is fab.

The weather is fab.

The weather is fab.

The weather is fab.