Lost my passport - days from grant (hopefully)

DaveS

So I lost my passport...... thanks to another member I now know that this is a big problem in terms of my visa grant.

I have arranged for the quickest replacement - which unfortunately is a 7-day fast track service which kicks off with

an appointment on the 22nd of August. (first available appointment)

So I will receive my new passport by the 30th of August.

Unfortunately I am moving from Glasgow to Cambridge within this period of time. I hope that my passport can be delivered to my (parents) Cambridge address. I presume they will let me do this - since it is technically my home for a couple of weeks (though I have no proof of address for it).

I am also days away from my visa grant.

*Should I inform my CO now? or after grant? or when I receive the new passport?

*How long will it take to change my visa to fit the new passport number?

*Any advice on places to look? :-D

Dave

Hi DaveS,

I could be totally wrong here and I hope I am but I thought with Australia that your passport had to be valid for 6 months prior to entry?

I can remember having a moment about this when I thought my daughters was out of date a few weeks ago??

Also your visa is tracked to you by your passport number so I would advise your CO of your situation straight away or maybe ring this number its the Visa Migration and Citizenship Office for Australia High Commision in London ( time difference is always a bit of bother) 020 7420 3690 they might be able to give you advice.

Hope it all works out!!

Thanks for the advice.

We are shifting all our furniture tonight (selling heaps of stuff to somebody who is fitting out a rental property!) - so perhaps it will turn up.

I will contact my CO on Monday if it does not turn up during the moving today.

Tempted to try and push my flights back a week to give me a bit more time...

Let your case officer know you have lost it. If visa is granted against old passport no, you just need to fill in form 929 to get new passport no linked to visa. Form 929 found on Australia house site.

Thanks for that...... just printed it out & pre-filled what I can. Will post it the second I get the new passport. (Well a few seconds after as ill need to run into a solicitors quickly as well!)

Archived