access to UK account from Oz ?

Guest dekandwends

Guest dekandwends

Hi all.

I've asked the same question twice in my bank ( HBOS ) and got 2 different answers from different people. Question being: can I access my uk current account from Oz if I have internet banking, to allow me to transfer funds to an Oz account when the time suits me ? One person said no, the other said no problem. Who do I believe ? is there anyone out there who has experience with this bank. It's just that the proceeds from my house sale will be going here and it won't be much good if I can't touch it once I've moved.

tara the noo,

Dek.

we do ,,we left 2 acounts open one halifax and one alliance &leicester,if you tell them you are leaving permantly they will tell you to close the accounts ,we said we werent sure how long we were staying for!! we can transfer via the internet into our oz account and also use the hole in the wall with our uk card ,,hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Guest dekandwends

more than a bit mate. we're heading to Perth on the 29th so it's all at the stage now where a wee bit of help makes a big difference to how well you sleep at night. cheers again,

dek.

I asked my bank yesterday (alliance & leicester) about transfer money after we had left. I also have internet banking and they told me there was a limit of £25,000 that I could transfer via internet without contacting them. Over that amount I would have to contact them and be able to supply them with a telephone number. If it was a mobile no. they wanted the number before we went. We leave on 24th Feb so was concerned that we would be able to transfer funds in the future when the exchange rate gets better (fingers crossed!) Hope this helps

Guest Sheerluck
Hi

Can ne one help can you transfer money back to your uk account by internet banking or is it one way traffic

I've got the ability to transfer internationally using Internet Banking on my Commonwealth Bank account. Not sure if it's the same with other banks.

I've got the ability to transfer internationally using Internet Banking on my Commonwealth Bank account. Not sure if it's the same with other banks.

Hi

We are in process of openinga transfer account with commonwealth bank, thanks for advice be able to pay my uk dues now :(

Guest The Picketts

Hi there - we still have accounts in the UK, with Lloydstsb, Natwest and Nationwide together with credit cards and I manage these all via the internet. The only problem is transferring large sums of money (above 10k) because of the money laundering regulations.

I was unable to transfer a large sum from my Nationwide account to my husband's Nationwide account and resolved this by sending my Mother a Nationwide cheque which she deposited in her local branch in the UK. We used UKforex to transfer our money from the sale of our house in the UK and we had previously opened an account with the Commonwealth Bank at the London branch so it was already set up to go once we arrived here in WA.

Hope this helps. Cheryl

Guest broadsman

I have a UK account with Lloyds TSB but their internet banking limit is £10,000 and they won't allow overseas transfers from it so for day-to-day use I have resort to ATMs here and suffer the crap rate of exchange. For larger sums I transfer to Hifx or Ozforex's UK accounts and then to my Westpac account here.

It's easier the other way round as I can make payments via the internet from my Westpac account direct to the UK.

Dave

Archived