Shipping costs so differ

We've gone with crown at just under £4200. They werent necessarily the cheapest but we really liked them and have heard great reviews. They been and packed up our home now and there is NO room left in that container, got our monies worth! :)

We've gone with crown at just under £4200. They werent necessarily the cheapest but we really liked them and have heard great reviews. They been and packed up our home now and there is NO room left in that container, got our monies worth! :)

We used crown when we left Manchester 2 years ago, think it's their Leeds depot. No 1 bad word to say about them from the rep to the girls in the office to the guys that packed, and they didn't charge me for the extra 7cu ft.

Hi guys

what can you get on a 20 ft one .

were not taking beds but sofas , bikes , toys etc

would we need a 20 ft ( is this a full size one)

A 20ft Container is about the size of a single garage and typically can fit the contents of your average 3 bedroom house, around 1050 cubic feet in volume.

Containers come also in larger sizes too with 40ft and 45ft high cube options for those with large volumes.

Best advice is to get three quotes so you can understand what you're options are, and to compare prices.

What I would also add is it's really hard to estimate YOUR individual shipping costs based on everyone else. If I look at all the quotes our company has done for 20ft containers to Australia this year the variance can be quite high because everyone's needs are different. Things like access to properties at each end, timescales, special items requiring extra protection, dismantling etc will all affect your price - no move is a typical move, so, as any decent company will offer a free no obligation quotation this is the only way to really get a good idea of what you need to budget for shipping and to start making plans for what to take.

Hope that helps!

A 20ft Container is about the size of a single garage and typically can fit the contents of your average 3 bedroom house, around 1050 cubic feet in volume.

Containers come also in larger sizes too with 40ft and 45ft high cube options for those with large volumes.

Best advice is to get three quotes so you can understand what you're options are, and to compare prices.

What I would also add is it's really hard to estimate YOUR individual shipping costs based on everyone else. If I look at all the quotes our company has done for 20ft containers to Australia this year the variance can be quite high because everyone's needs are different. Things like access to properties at each end, timescales, special items requiring extra protection, dismantling etc will all affect your price - no move is a typical move, so, as any decent company will offer a free no obligation quotation this is the only way to really get a good idea of what you need to budget for shipping and to start making plans for what to take.

Hope that helps!

Thank you

we haven't booked flights but shoud be in Perth by middle of feb 2013 .

does you company quote all over the uk, we're in Devon

If we're flying around mid feb what time scale would you require to quote and ship.

Thank you

Ian

Guest AW1977

Gosh, these quotes all seem cheap! We have a 2 bed flat in London to move to Melbourne and not taking all our furniture and has been estimated at 470 - 530 cubic feet, or half a 20 ft container and quote was £2900 with Anglo Pacific and about £2500 with some other companies! Sounds like we are being ripped off? We are very near AP office so that shouldn't be an issue so why are our quotes so much higher?!!! We are not taking any odd items just standard household good and a few items of furniture? Should I be bargaining more?

Thank you

we haven't booked flights but shoud be in Perth by middle of feb 2013 .

does you company quote all over the uk, we're in Devon

If we're flying around mid feb what time scale would you require to quote and ship.

Thank you

Ian

Hi Ian,

Yes we cover the whole of the UK so please let me know if you'd like any further details.

We recommend contacting moving companies around 12 weeks before your move date. You can of course do this with shorter notice, but this sort of timescale gives you time to weigh up all your options and make your decisions as well as preparing for the move (i.e. sorting any belongings you aren't taking, complete any documentation you need etc).

From door to door (including packing, loading, shipping, customs clearance and delivery) as an industry average we estimate around 7-9 weeks in total.

Kirsty

Hi Ian,

Yes we cover the whole of the UK so please let me know if you'd like any further details.

We recommend contacting moving companies around 12 weeks before your move date. You can of course do this with shorter notice, but this sort of timescale gives you time to weigh up all your options and make your decisions as well as preparing for the move (i.e. sorting any belongings you aren't taking, complete any documentation you need etc).

From door to door (including packing, loading, shipping, customs clearance and delivery) as an industry average we estimate around 7-9 weeks in total.

Kirsty

Thank you Kirsty , I'll pm you for a quote as soon as we have a flight booked

Ian

Archived