recommended Hong Kong hotels plz

kellyjamie

Hi everyone

Just looking for any recommendations for hotels in hong kong for 2 nites stop over in january? Were flying with Cathay Pacific as theyve came in cheapest, can anyone tell me are we better booking flights and hotel separately or will CP do a hotel for us aswell??:unsure:

many thanks

Kelly

The Conrad is a nice hotel, I did not stop here myself but know people that did and it is where I would go next time.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g294217-d305371-Reviews-Conrad_Hong_Kong-Hong_Kong.

My advice would be to choose a hotel on HK Island not in Kowloon side as there were more attractions on the island (well ones that appealed to me anyway).

came back from HK two weeks ago - stayed at the Langham Place Hotel Mongkok - fabulous. They did a quad room so it was cheaper than two doubles. It's on the Kowloon side and was good as it was walking distance to all the markets - jade, bird, flower ladies and normal markets - great for shopping. The subway makes it easy to get around. Look on trip advisor too.

thats great thanks so much. We will land mid afternoon so by the time we clear immi and get thru to a hotel i imagine 5ish, so we will have that evening then the next day and night then fly onto oz the next afternoon. Not alot of time but would love to squeeze in some real Hong Kong! What are the best attractions for us to try and choose from? we have a 6 yr old with us aswell.

thanks

It is 8 years since I was there but on a short trip my one must do would be to take the tram up the Peak. I'd also go to Kowloon in the evening to look across at and admire the HK Island skyline at night and there were regular lightshows when I visited too. And I would perhaps visit one of the islands as well, perhaps the one with the big Buddha, Lantau I think?

Archived