Australia to be the 1st country to give boys free cancer vacine,,

calNgary

Currently girls in High School recieve the free vaccine and soon boys in YR9 of high school will be able to have a similar vaccination.

My daughter isnt yet old enough and wont be for a few years but my son would be and in all honesty im a little 'hesitant' and wondered what opinions others had on giving kids these vaccines.. Because its never affected me ,its not something ive researched so l would love to hear off those who's kids have had them and also those who havent..

Would you allow your child to have them ,or not? If not why?

This is a link to the full article - http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/gardasil-vaccine-to-be-free-for-boys-for-protection-against-human-papilloma-virus/story-e6freon6-1226424380781

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont really know why to be honest, niggling at the back of my mind is 'has it been around long enough to truely know that no side effects will appear in a few years?'..

I think its abit like worrying about the MMR when your pregnant,, its the 'unknown' thats making me hesitant. Both my children did have the MMR by the way.

Cal x

Guest The Pom Queen

After having the Big C on and off for the last 11 years and knowing what my children and hubby have been through I would definately look in to this further

It hasn't been around long enough, I have read so many stories of girls being seriously harmed by this vaccination, I have read it doesn't protect against most of the causes including the main one. I question vaccinations at the moment anyway due to side effects,court cases ect..

I have personal reasons why but I am at the moment researching and my youngest still hasn't had the mmr yet. I am researching and researching at the moment and thinking about it, making informed choices, but this particular vaccination, no chance..

Just my thoughts and reasons of course, it's a very personal choice.

I was 12 weeks old when i lost my Mum to cancer, so if i can prevent it happening to my children then i will.

What i dont want to do is cause one problem whilst trying to prevent another..

Why is being a Mum so hard ???????????? lol

I think it makes complete sense in offering it to boys as well as girls. Cant see the logic in offering only the girls when the boys are the carriers. Yes only the girls get the cancer but surely its the spread of the virus that needs to be stopped?

It hasn't been around long enough, I have read so many stories of girls being seriously harmed by this vaccination, I have read it doesn't protect against most of the causes including the main one. I question vaccinations at the moment anyway due to side effects,court cases ect..

I have personal reasons why but I am at the moment researching and my youngest still hasn't had the mmr yet. I am researching and researching at the moment and thinking about it, making informed choices, but this particular vaccination, no chance..

Just my thoughts and reasons of course, it's a very personal choice.

Yeah i too have my doubts about the MMR one. Mainly because I feel there was some truth in what that Doc in England published --two reasons for this---the pharma companies and the govt reacted too strongly to discredit this man and virtually hounded him out of the country. Secondly there does seem to be more and more kids with Autistic features these days than ever before.(my opinion). In our household we drew a truce--they get the first one but not the booster. I am not against giving them the separate vaccines but unfortunately they aren't supplied in the UK.

Until the hood of secrecy and cover up is gone its difficult to trust them.

Yeah i too have my doubts about the MMR one. Mainly because I feel there was some truth in what that Doc in England published --two reasons for this---the pharma companies and the govt reacted too strongly to discredit this man and virtually hounded him out of the country. Secondly there does seem to be more and more kids with Autistic features these days than ever before.(my opinion). In our household we drew a truce--they get the first one but not the booster. I am not against giving them the separate vaccines but unfortunately they aren't supplied in the UK.

Until the hood of secrecy and cover up is gone its difficult to trust them.

Aaarrrgghhhhh......

MMR is one of the most researched, tested and well used vaccines around and you won't use it because of some non scientific observations on about 6 children? But you will give them single vaccines that haven't been nearly as well tested and researched?

The reason there are more kids with Autism these days isn't because more ids have autosm but because we are able to identify and label the kids with Autism spectrum discorder more appropriately these days.

Sadly, I personally know a few women who disagree and witnessed the decline in their child, within days to weeks after the MMR.

I have no idea, hence why I am researching and keeping my options open..

After the last court case winning! its made me even more wary.

Guest Ptp113
Aaarrrgghhhhh......

MMR is one of the most researched, tested and well used vaccines around and you won't use it because of some non scientific observations on about 6 children? But you will give them single vaccines that haven't been nearly as well tested and researched?

The reason there are more kids with Autism these days isn't because more ids have autosm but because we are able to identify and label the kids with Autism spectrum discorder more appropriately these days.

Bravo!!

Guest guest17301

Im wary about vacs...the flu jab in particular...this one...I say go for...cervical cancer is a disgusting disease and leads to a particularly horrible undignified death...it can be prevented.....easily...vaccinate. Please.

Guest guest17301
I agree. If measles were offered separately, I would get it tomorrow...

it is...but you have to pay for it

Guest guest17301

Vaccination is and should always be personal choice...unfortunately not everyone who declines has done or is willing to do their own research...my son didnt have the mmr till he was 5....till I had satisfied myself I was happy with it...its a fine line between essential or nearly essential and oh its free so ill have it imo....

Aaarrrgghhhhh......

Why hound the guy out of the country--why not just counter it with research. Why arent single vaccines available? It reeks of pharma scam. People react in this way only when they have some dirty secret. Why no freedom of expression?

In the US this is not the case. Lay people and those in the medical profession speak out more and they all don't go with the herd.

My own conclusion is that this vaccine somehow has a bad consequence in those with an already compromised immune system--i.e--those susceptible for autoimmune conditions etc. There are many mums who swear that their kid had no symptoms until after the vaccine.

The best that we can do is take our heads out of the sand(which I dont think any Govt in the Uk will be willing to do) and look at the matter afresh in an unbiased fashion. There are two ways to conduct a study. One is where you are seeking to find 'your' answer, and the other is where you are seeking to find 'the' answer and where you are not afraid of the truth.

Unfortunately nowadays more and ore studies fall into the first group.

For example there are numerous case histories and patient stories where Low Dose naltrexone has been found to be effective in certain autoimmune conditions--esp MS. But since the drug naltrexone is past its patent, there is no one willing to conduct the studies necessary to provide the body of 'evidence'!. Often the reality of medical evidence is that its simply twisted to suit the needs of the current times.

Andrew Wakefield is a charlatan and a trickster. He was the cause of many many cases of children contracting preventable diseases in his pursuit of money. He has been struck off by the BMA and it is very difficult to strike off a doctor. There is no proven link between MMR and Autism. There is a proven link between not getting the MMR and contracting Measles, Mumps and Rubella. MR is not a new vaccination. It has been around for decades.

Immunisations make the body stronger, not weaker.

HPV is a preventable disease with the vaccine. I will get my kids vaccinated against any preventable diseases.

There are always complications with anything in life. Crossing the road can have dire consequences. There is no such thing as risk free living.

I respect a parent's right to not vaccinate their children but do find issue with putting forward the views of an unethical and dangerous practitioner like Andrew Wakefield. :nah:

Sadly, I personally know a few women who disagree and witnessed the decline in their child, within days to weeks after the MMR.

I have no idea, hence why I am researching and keeping my options open..

After the last court case winning! its made me even more wary.

just posting--it may aid your research--Its written by Dr Bernadine Healey--the former head of NIH in the USA.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/managing-your-healthcare/brain-and-behavior/articles/2008/04/10/fighting-the-autism-vaccine-war

Link in full.Dr.Bernadine Healey.

One of the most vitriolic debates in medical history is just beginning to have its day in court—vaccine court, that is. Without laying blame, the independent Office of Special Masters of the Court of Federal Claims—with a 20-year record of handling vaccine matters—recently conceded that the brain damage and autistic behavior of Hannah Poling stemmed from her exposure as a toddler to five vaccinations on one day in July 2000. Two days later, she was overtaken by a high fever and an encephalopathy that deteriorated into autistic behavior. Even though autism has a strong genetic basis, and she has a coexisting rare mitochondrial disorder, I would not be too quick to dismiss Hannah as an anomaly.

At some level, the decision was a vindication for families who have been battling with the vaccine community, arguing that some poorly understood reaction to components of vaccines or their mercury-based preservative, thimerosal, could cause brain injury. Yes, vaccines are extraordinarily safe and bring huge public health benefit. (Remember the 1950s polio epidemics?) But vaccine experts tend to look at the population as a whole, not at individual patients. And population studies are not granular enough to detect individual metabolic, genetic, or immunological variation that might make some children under certain circumstances susceptible to neurological complications after vaccination.

A trigger? Families are not alone in searching for a trigger that might explain why autism and autism spectrum disorders have skyrocketed; now they reportedly affect about 1 in 150 kids. No doubt some of the increase is soft, due to broader diagnostic criteria, greater awareness, and—now that the notion of a detached "refrigerator" mom as a cause has blessedly fallen by the wayside—greater openness. But the rise of this disorder, which shows up before age 3, happens to coincide with the increased number and type of vaccine shots in the first few years of life. So as a trigger, vaccines carry a ring of both historical and biological plausibility.

Go back 40 or 50 years. The medical literature is replete with reports of neurological reactions to vaccines, such as mood changes, seizures, brain inflammation, and swelling. Several hundred cases of the paralytic illness Guillain-Barré after the swine flu vaccine were blamed on the government and gave Gerald Ford heartburn—but eventually led to the vaccine court.

Pediatricians were concerned enough about mercury, which is known to cause neurological damage in developing infant and fetal brains, that they mobilized to have thimerosal removed from childhood vaccines by 2002. Their concern was not autism but the lunacy of injecting mercury into little kids through mandated vaccines that together exceeded mercury safety guidelines designed for adults. But as in all things vaccine, this move too was contentious. Both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization remain unconvinced that thimerosal puts young children at risk.

There is no evidence that removal of thimerosal from vaccines has lowered autism rates. But autism numbers are not precise, so I would say that considerably more research is still needed on some provocative findings. After all, thimerosal crosses the placenta, and pregnant women are advised to get flu shots, which often contain it. Studies in mice suggest that genetic variation influences brain sensitivity to the toxic effects of mercury. And a primate study designed to mimic vaccination in infants reported in 2005 that thimerosal may clear from the blood in a matter of days but leaves inorganic mercury behind in the brain.

The debate roils on—even about research. The Institute of Medicine in its last report on vaccines and autism in 2004 said that more research on the vaccine question is counterproductive: Finding a susceptibility to this risk in some infants would call into question the universal vaccination strategy that is a bedrock of immunization programs and could lead to widespread rejection of vaccines. The IOM concluded that efforts to find a link between vaccines and autism "must be balanced against the broader benefit of the current vaccine program for all children."

Wow. Medicine has moved ahead only because doctors, researchers, and yes, families, have openly challenged even the most sacred medical dogma. At the risk of incurring the wrath of some of my dearest colleagues, I say thank goodness for the vaccine court.

Archived