Have you lived in Oz before?

Candygirl

Hi candygirl, I've never been before but my sister has lived just outside of Canberra for six years but we're going to wa. Don't know if we are making a mistake! People think we're mad for not moving near her and moving where we don't know anyone!

Guest AKA63029

This will be fourth time migrating Candy.

Several 'issues' bought me/us back each time.

Thankfully this time will be for good as several 'issues' are now dead.:yes:

Have lived in WA, NT and QLD.

Heading back to Cairns this time around.

Cheers Tony.

Guest ClaireStanway

Yes. I was only a child and my parents split made me come back to he uk.

I want to return to Sydney ASAP. I appreciate it much more now. Really miss it

It's interesting, we thought we were a couple of boring farts as we wanted to go to Perth. We absolutely adored Sydney when we lived there, but we feel it is a young person's town and we are ready for WA.

Tony - I am jealous about you going to Cairns - it is stunning up there. My Mum especially loved Yorkey's Knob. She laughed for a week when we stayed there!

Guest AKA63029
It's interesting, we thought we were a couple of boring farts as we wanted to go to Perth. We absolutely adored Sydney when we lived there, but we feel it is a young person's town and we are ready for WA.

Tony - I am jealous about you going to Cairns - it is stunning up there. My Mum especially loved Yorkey's Knob. She laughed for a week when we stayed there!

Lovely part of the world Candy, can't wait.

Funny thing is Yorkeys Knob was renamed just 'Yorkeys' when I left it.:laugh:

Lived in QLD for 2 years and will be returning. Although ive never made it that far north ! First arrived to Brisbane and went straight to Noosa for a few months.

From Winter in London,

5221552884_13b48f0043_b.jpg

to summer in Noosa ! OMG :D

noosa-beaches-1.jpg

Lived in the bush about 35min inland from mooloolaba

mooloolaba01.jpg

in a place called Eudlo

eudlo-store.jpg

:em4500:

5221552884_13b48f0043_b.jpg

noosa-beaches-1.jpg

mooloolaba01.jpg

eudlo-store.jpg

Lived in Melbourne for 2 years, decided to try Perth, so OH could work in the mines. Got a job no problem, housing was shocking, bad standard and very over priced unless you went to the new estates further out, where there was nothing else. Moved back to Scotland just because our house here was empty and didnt want to stay in Perth, now back to Melbourne 9 months later, should have stayed there in the first place. Never mind, you live and learn

I lived in Warwick, QLd for 10 months when I was 16/17 as an exchange student and from 2009 to 2010 I lived in Brisbane fo 11 months on a WHV. Hoping to move back to the Brisbane area as that's where my OH family all live but it all depends on whether or not I might be able to get a transfer through work.

Archived