Very frustrated with migration agent

DR Moving to Oz

My first contact with the agent was back on may 10th this year through the company that has offered me my job with sponsorship. I found out early June that the nomination was accepted and that they were preparing my application.

I had booked a holiday from the 16th-30th june so i wouldn't be back till the deadline for the new visa changes. I emailed the agent the week before i was due to fly out explaining i was away and had no access to any information they may require so was there anything they needed before i went and i had a reply back saying that's fine as long as i can receive call and mail.

While i was away i had an email asking me to sign some forms urgent as we had a deadline which i knew before i left which is why i told them before i flew. so i spent 2 days walking around the area looking for a printer to print the forms off to sign and scan them back. (which i did at a cost of 50 euro's) i got them back to the agent on the 29-06-2012. I had no conformation to say they hadn't received it so though all was ok. on the 3-7-12 i call to see if they got them in in time only to be told they could not open the attachment so i sent it all again from my own computer only to be told they couldn't read it so could i post it which i did last Friday(at a further cost of £12.00).

I called again today and was told that they have to start the whole thing from scratch nomination and everything grrrrrr

So if they knew this already why have me chasing around like a looney re-mailing and posting

Sorry for the rant

Daren

Hi Daren, I agree with Starlight7. I did it myself and it is pretty easy all you need is a scanner/printer (which we got form Argos for £50) and you just upload all your documents straight onto your own file, you can check the progress online and as long as you double check everything you do, you will be fine. It will save you thousands of £'s and you are in control! Good luck! I'd be furious with the agent too and I would sack them, they have let you down and not done their job properly!

Keep us updated,

Kath

They sound like they need to learn how to use a computer to read an attachment or view a document that may be saved to a different format.

Doesn't bode well for my confidence if a company isn't able to do some jiggery pokery computer stuff to do things like that. If I can do it, I am sure somewhere there should be able to.

Thank you all for your advise and reply's,

I don't think it is as easy as just getting rid of them and doing it myself. I was offered a job with a 119 regional visa sponsorship and the company have paid for the application up front for me. I was a bit dubious about paying for it myself as i was offered a job before on a 457 sponsor but the job fell through an hour before i had an appointment to see an agent in the uk to pay my money. So i realized how fragile it was for the company not to have a commitment and not pull out once i have paid a lot of money. They have paid the invoice that was raised from the agent so i know the job is secure.

I wish i could get rid as they have not kept me informed what is going on rarely answer emails, the only reason i know what is going on now is because i phoned and made myself a nuisance.

Thanks again for all your advise, i will let you all know how it goes from here

Daren

If i knew what i know now last year i would have not used an agent.!!!! Mine called me 18 times between 9am and 11 am last week had me running like a loon and then i had to give him a lesson in the new EOI system and how to lodge our state sponsorship!! Once our visa is granted i will be sending him MY INVOICE for all of HIS WORK i have done. I dont want to rock the boat at these crucial end stages but i am soooo Peed off with our agent i seriously want to throttle him!!!

If it were me, I would certainly be looking for another agent.

From our experiences of the last 9 months in this process, there are some absolute shocking agents out there who don't deserve to be in business.

Wishing you the best of Luck.

Do it yourself, we did... if you have an agent or not you still have the stress of it, all they do really is put your name in the box (well, a little more to it then that. But you know what i mean), So do it yourself and save alot of cash and with that cash you save, you can buy yourself a BIG top of the range BBQ for the garden and still have cash for a few slabs of P**S(case of beer)...

My first contact with the agent was back on may 10th this year through the company that has offered me my job with sponsorship. I found out early June that the nomination was accepted and that they were preparing my application.

I had booked a holiday from the 16th-30th june so i wouldn't be back till the deadline for the new visa changes. I emailed the agent the week before i was due to fly out explaining i was away and had no access to any information they may require so was there anything they needed before i went and i had a reply back saying that's fine as long as i can receive call and mail.

While i was away i had an email asking me to sign some forms urgent as we had a deadline which i knew before i left which is why i told them before i flew. so i spent 2 days walking around the area looking for a printer to print the forms off to sign and scan them back. (which i did at a cost of 50 euro's) i got them back to the agent on the 29-06-2012. I had no conformation to say they hadn't received it so though all was ok. on the 3-7-12 i call to see if they got them in in time only to be told they could not open the attachment so i sent it all again from my own computer only to be told they couldn't read it so could i post it which i did last Friday(at a further cost of £12.00).

I called again today and was told that they have to start the whole thing from scratch nomination and everything grrrrrr

So if they knew this already why have me chasing around like a looney re-mailing and posting

Sorry for the rant

Daren

I would suggest you to apply by yourself instead of depending on agent. In my experience, most of the agents go by the rule book and follow the procedure which they had been successful.

There a only a few who analyse the case in depth....

Thanks again for all the replies,

I have found out the person dealing with it was the PA, and now the main man is onto it. I believe that they have already been paid for the job as it was sorted through my new employer. So i think i will just let them carry on a pester them every couple of days so they wish they had got it right in the first place.

Do it yourself, we did... if you have an agent or not you still have the stress of it, all they do really is put your name in the box (well, a little more to it then that. But you know what i mean), So do it yourself and save alot of cash and with that cash you save, you can buy yourself a BIG top of the range BBQ for the garden and still have cash for a few slabs of P**S(case of beer)...

I like the idea but it will only be me so only a little bbq required, but will take all the beer going

thanks

Archived