If the uk had the weather

Perthbum

Wonder why they seem grumpy when they are with you? People who are around me always seem very happy.

Open your eyes. look at the checkout staff next time you go into the supermarket, watch the people as the walk through town (probably not in your case as most are tourists or students).

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Open your eyes. look at the checkout staff next time you go into the supermarket, watch the people as the walk through town (probably not in your case as most are tourists or students).

I think the weather definitely has a negative affect on our mind set when it does nothing but piss down, i think it can be really quite depressing.

Yeah the weather this year has been **** and ruins everything, my kids all play cricket and they have very little this season, the school sports days have been postponed as have the school fete's, work has been very difficult also because the rain has made things so difficult, bar b qs have not happened because it is either raining or to cold, yep this spring/summer has been a complete washout so far.

We bad a record wrm spring, forgot already? 3 years of very little rain with drought and dried up rivers, forgot already, yes this has been a wet start to summer, but hey ho...it does not stop me doings things, better that having your nose pressed up against the window moaning and crying because it's raining......it's th uk...it rains. Lol

Same in oz, look at the shop staff there, just as grumpy if not more.

We bad a record wrm spring, forgot already? 3 years of very little rain with drought and dried up rivers, forgot already, yes this has been a wet start to summer, but hey ho...it does not stop me doings things, better that having your nose pressed up against the window moaning and crying because it's raining......it's th uk...it rains. Lol

I dont have my nose pressed up against the window, me and my kids do plenty whether it is raining or not but this year so far the summer has been a washout and deffo makes things more difficult.

You could also answer another question for me too, the other day you started a thread complaining about people talking constantly about the weather, since then you have talked constantly about the weather, what's going on?

Not when i went, they were more than helpful and served with a smile.

I found that to, in fact they were the friendliest people i have ever come across out of every country i have visited.

i have lived and worked in a couple of countries and have travelled quite extensively and weather would not be a major factor unless it was below freezing all the time and then not for me! In fact everytime I have travelled to sydney it has been raining..In fact its not for money I earn a lot here.. Its a whole range of things and mostly for me an adventure :D

Not when i went, they were more than helpful and served with a smile.

I found them far more grumpy than where I live now, customer service is shocking in Perth especially when they ask to search your bag on the way out...w...........s

ha ha you want to try working in a bar in inner london where i work you be glad they search bags..

Grabbing your bag as you come out of the supermarket and demanding they search it....that's customer service in Perth.

Guest Burchos

I'm not going for the weather, although it certainly is a big bonus.

Also I found the people in Australia the most friendly and helpful I have ever met.

i have worked in countries that do some strange things.. at least they give the bag back! and there are shops in the city here in uk that will stop and search without a smile or polite request.. You do live in a nice area tho and I havent been that way for a few years now I have very happy memories from there :D

i have worked in countries that do some strange things.. at least they give the bag back! and there are shops in the city here in uk that will stop and search without a smile or polite request.. You do live in a nice area tho and I havent been that way for a few years now I have very happy memories from there :D

Have you actually lived and worked in oz for any length of time?

if the sun shone in jockland a wee bit mare i wud bide infact a wudna even consider moving but it disna and this summer so far his bin sad o so sad, so hopefully we will make the move soon tae sunny Perth , fingers crossed. If no then al get a different job here:rolleyes:

I went to Sydney and cant recall 1 bad experience with grumpy or unhelpfull people. even to the point where i brought a new pushchair for one of my kids from a big supermarket and they insisted on putting it together for me and declined a tip when offered saying it's all part of the service. I find the staff here if you ask where to find something they give attitude like its not there job to help

no i worked in south africa, india, poland and spain, columbia..... i have travelled to australia several times and for a few months at a time.. never to WA....have you ever worked in hackney, tower hamlets, the city of london?! so they stop and search and some people are rude .. thats the world over.. what exactly is your point?

no i worked in south africa, india, poland and spain, columbia..... i have travelled to australia several times and for a few months at a time.. never to WA....have you ever worked in hackney, tower hamlets, the city of london?! so they stop and search and some people are rude .. thats the world over.. what exactly is your point?

My point is that found staff rude and ignorant most of the time in Perth, you find them rude in London...hey ho.

My point is that found staff rude and ignorant most of the time in Perth, you find them rude in London...hey ho.

if you going to quote me the feel free to but i didnt say i found them rude in london i asked had you worked there after you asked if i had lived and worked in oz.... i said clearly I had not been to wa....

Guest Shell15
I found them far more grumpy than where I live now, customer service is shocking in Perth especially when they ask to search your bag on the way out...w...........s

Where is Les when you need him with his bu77sh7t metre lol...

You ever thought that maybe they thought you looked a bit dodgy ???!:laugh:

Archived