457 travel insurance

my co has requested a copy of my travel insurance. can i just ask what others have used? I have full insurance with lloyds tsb but that will only cover me for 60 days I think will that be acceptable? I can hear the suitcases twitching now...

I think they probably requested a copy of your health insuance not travel insurance? On that visa you have to have health insurance in Australia to pay for any medical things you might need. Have a google, there are a few about. I think mine is ahc (or some combination of those letters). As a Brit it is a bit of a waste of time as you can get Medicare, but hey, immigration insists on it...

my co has requested a copy of my travel insurance. can i just ask what others have used? I have full insurance with lloyds tsb but that will only cover me for 60 days I think will that be acceptable? I can hear the suitcases twitching now...

I sent a copy of our travel insurance and stated that we would register with Medicare on arrival in Australia.

That should be ok to satisfy the 8501 condition, others have used travel insurance. See go walkabout, which can give u insurance for as little as 5 days. Once you are in australia you will get medicare cover as soon as you register. Take your NHS card to show that you are uk resident.

Guest lisa crowe

We came on a 457 and never needed to prove travel insurance only a months health cover!! wierd!?

Guest lisa crowe

No,we never needed our UK health card either, all medicare wanted to see was our 457 visa and passports

thanks everyone! I telephoned Lloyds tsb and they e-mailed me the policy so hopefully that is ok for the co.. I dont like to take chances so will find the nhs card later.. my friend has insisted we go to the cinema despite my cries of australia documents.. she says i am obsessed with it.. ;)

Hi we are going on a 457 visa and our visa agent said he didn't think our Lloyds TSB insurance would be enough so we took out health insurance with IMAN. He then said maybe we would be ok if we wrote a letter saying we would get health insurance when we got there and used our travel insurance to travel on, by then it was already to late!

I just got back oh how much does it cost to go to a movie! I watched snow white and the huntsman :D anyway back to the real world they have said my lloyds tsb policy that was e-mailed was fine so all good! Ange I hope you are chilling out x

Archived