anyone struggling this antipodean winter?

Harpodom

I am this year for some reason. I think part of the problem is having nothing to focus on like winter in N Hemisphere (ie Christmas).

Not sure what it is, the weather has been dreary so far but not sure if more dreary than usual. Winter here just seems to go on and on.

Does anyone concur?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am this year for some reason. I think part of the problem is having nothing to focus on like winter in N Hemisphere (ie Christmas).

Not sure what it is, the weather has been dreary so far but not sure if more dreary than usual. Winter here just seems to go on and on.

Does anyone concur?

Blimey, have you told hoff :elvis: He will get his weather graphs out and tell you...you must be mistaken.

Edited by Perthbum

harpodom: how d'you expect anyone to take you seriously (or pay you respect) when your personal ID is so stupid, irritating and offensive!? Grow up, man!!

What makes it even more pathetic is that you're a PIO Moderator, for gawd's sake!!

Edited by barbaitch
omitted final key comment

harpodom: how d'you expect anyone to take you seriously (or pay you respect) when your personal ID is so stupid, irritating and offensive!? Grow up, man!!

What makes it even more pathetic is that you're a PIO Moderator, for gawd's sake!!

personal ID??

I think it's unique and non PC :biglaugh:

I definitely miss having a mid-winter celebration here, and it's not really quite cold enough for mulled wine, fondue etc, which doesn't help.

However if you want to experience a winter that drags on, try Zurich, I remember leaving a very barren wintery landscape to visit my sister in the UK early march I think it was, when I got there, spring was in full swing, with Daffodils everywhere, and GREEEN. It took another two months for the daffodils to emerge back in Zurich. THAT was a loooong winter.

Guest guest17301

I know what you mean Harpo, luckily here in Perth we do get some beautiful sunny warm days to cheer us up. The not having Christmas to focus on is a biggie I reckon, luckily we have our trip back to look forward to at the end of this winter...its a short winter but it does seem to drag...we are spoiled here thats the problem

Guest The Pom Queen

Does anyone concur?

Winter eventually started to get us down, hence why we moved up North :wink:

Guest The Pom Queen
aint no way we're bloody moving up north! Or anywhere else in Aus for that matter.....

Maybe if you learnt how to use an umbrella properly it wouldn't be too bad :tongue:

Guest Guest66881

Tis cooler lately, was not this cold last year if i remember correctly?

But then the sun burns a little hole into our lives and we all feel just a little bit better i suppose.

P.S.

I.D. lol pro comp user me thinks.?

Does anyone concur?

Cheer up Harpo, you could be back in the UK, middle of summer, and bailing out floods.:cool: