hi from england

Guest jamie b

Guest jamie b

hi all my name is jamie 24 from london,i am currently looking on how to get a working visa to australia without getting conned,and also is there any way i can get a job lined up before i come over and also get visa from company.i have my tickets in gas and have been told i would have no trouble finding a job in this field.any help would be greatly appreciated cheers :biggrin:

Guest jamie b

thanks everyone for taking the time to reply,i will wait for some more answers as well as u never know :wink:

Guest AKA63029

Hi Jamie.

A warm welcome.

I will move your thread into WHV now as it will definitely get a few more responses as it concerns several topics that many could help with.

Cheers Tony.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

Sounds like you're looking for an employer sponsored visa. Tradie jobs are bountiful, especially in Queensland, and you shouldn't have any trouble picking one up. If you're looking to secure a place before you come over, the best you can do is start sending out requests. Look online and see what you can find.

The quickest way, I think, to get your foot in the door might be to come Down Under on a Working Holiday Visa and just pick up odd jobs while you search for the place you want and that will sponsor you for the employment visa that you're looking for. You're already certified, so I don't think you'll have much of a problem.

Either way, the visas are applied for through the immi, so no worry of being "conned." All the information you need will be found on their website, for sure. The WHV is approved very quickly and you could be on your way very soon.

• 1 month later...
hi all my name is jamie 24 from london,i am currently looking on how to get a working visa to australia without getting conned,and also is there any way i can get a job lined up before i come over and also get visa from company.i have my tickets in gas and have been told i would have no trouble finding a job in this field.any help would be greatly appreciated cheers :biggrin:

Hi jamie I am a fully qualified apprentice trained and have 13 years experience, as a pipefitter/welder with gas tickets for industrial, commercial and domestic. Unfortunately they mean nothing here mate. I have been here in QLD 12 months (we volunteered for our extension) I have applied for 100s of positions and been knocked back by all. Because Im a welder I applied for a Boilermaker position and got it. just thought i would give you heads up and bring plenty of money its not cheap over here living on the exchange rate.

Just a suggestion...when talking about Qld it might be better to be location specific as Qld is a huge state with totally different job prospects in different areas - of course both of you might mean the whole of Qld but it might be better to state it just for the people reading.

Archived