457 Temporary visa and pst medical history

Guest gnasher666

Guest gnasher666

Hi all,

I have been asked by the company I work for if I would like to work out of the newly opened Australia office for a few years, which I'm really excited about.

I would be applying for the 457 Long Stay temporary business sponsered visa but want to know if my past medical history will proclude me from being able to get the visa.

I am 36 years old and approx 4 years ago I had a (small) heart attack, I am fine now although on medication and would hate to think this could stop me from getting a visa, even though I'd be taking out medical insurance.

If anyone has any advice / experience etc I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi,

I may be totally wrong but someone we spoke to at one of the expo's gave us info on the medicals as my family have alot of heart history i asked the question if this would affect our visa going through and they advised me that the main concern is TB so they really are checking that you dont have TB as its a TB free country. so wouldn't have thought so.

BUT i may be totally talking rubbish as i'm not a 100% sure.

Guest Englander

I suspect that if you or your sponsor make sure you have private medical insurance then there will be no problem. So I would advise checking with your company to sort something out for you.

Guest dave&donna

Hi Andy

had appointment with the nurse yesterday just a check up but while there i asked loads of questions about medicals for visas that hopefully we'll need to do and she said all they're looking for is TB so hence why chest xrays only. She said past medical history is taken into account but does not really affect you especially as you're not going out on a skilled visa when you would be paying for yourself or relying on state health, as you're going on a 457 then you'll be responsible or your company for everything. She saw a man a few months ago with heart disease and he passed the medical with flying colours and is now in oz. :jiggy: :jiggy:

Good luck

Donna x

Guest chrissy63

Hi Andy

We have just had our meds for 457. OH and I had to have chest xrays and blood tests predominantly because we will be working in healthcare. They are looking for TB, HIV and Hep B. However i disclosed some past medical history for me and my eldest son, panel doctor we saw suggested i sent additional info highlighting diagnosis, investigations and prognosis. This just meant obtaining copies of correspondence from GP and in one case a medical report from private consultant (£120 for 20 mins). I gathered this info before meds were couriered to Sydney and everything went together. All of our meds have been finalised and cleared now.

Happy New Year and Good Luck

Guest gnasher666

This is all very encouraging news, thank you all. One last question, how easy / difficult / expensive will it be to obtain medication in Oz? Thanks again and happy new year to you all.

Archived