Case officer or lack of for 176 Visa x

dazeybear

Hi all,

I never know where to post so sorry if it's in the wrong place, Hubby and I lodged our application on 31st May for a 176 (family Sponsor) Visa, my question is, we have uploaded all that we can but haven't been assigned a CO yet, any idea how long before we get one, aslo we are planning to get Medicals an PC's done when we are asked to, just curious about if we were to get it done before they ask what is the worst that can happen lol x

Dazeybear

Hi all,

I never know where to post so sorry if it's in the wrong place, Hubby and I lodged our application on 31st May for a 176 (family Sponsor) Visa, my question is, we have uploaded all that we can but haven't been assigned a CO yet, any idea how long before we get one, aslo we are planning to get Medicals an PC's done when we are asked to, just curious about if we were to get it done before they ask what is the worst that can happen lol x

Dazeybear

Hi,

Sorry to tell you this but family sponsored 176 goes under Cat 4, which means CO takes couple of months. Applications lodged in Dec'11 have COs. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

There is also a long running thread for Family sponsored 176 applicants http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

It's not advisable to get Meds/PCC done so early for your case as the allocation times are not that fast. Good luck.

I'm still waiting for one of them DDDDDAAAAAMMMMM Case officers... I had a look at the link and im a bit confused about which category im in... Im starting to think that im in the 100 years wait category... Well that's what it feels like...:arghh:

Hi all,

Dazeybear

Meds and pc only valid for a year so if you dont get the grant by then you may have to do them again so i would wait until case officer tells you....

Guest kerry19

Hi, I lodged on 1st June and still don't have a case officer. I have had my medicals last week and sent for my pcc this week as we will be going to Australia as soon as we get visa. Our agent said this would be fine. Some of the 176 April gang have their visas so I don't see this being a problem (fingers crossed!!!!) my agent said waiting for a co is upto 6 weeks.

Kerry xx

Hi, I lodged on 1st June and still don't have a case officer. I have had my medicals last week and sent for my pcc this week as we will be going to Australia as soon as we get visa. Our agent said this would be fine. Some of the 176 April gang have their visas so I don't see this being a problem (fingers crossed!!!!) my agent said waiting for a co is upto 6 weeks.

Kerry xx

If you have frontloaded your medicals and PCC and provided all the evidence - there is a good chance you might not be contacted by a CO and get a direct grant.

Archived