what did your family,and friends think

Guest sh7t man no way

Guest sh7t man no way

of your move to australia or plans to move to australa--where they for or against,and did it evoke much emotional response both from you,and your family,and friends

Guest sh7t man no way

Alan dont take this the wrong way but your really running out of new ones these days, i think its been done a 100times. Everytime i come on its like Deja vu!
as you well know stace pio is an ever evolving site with knew members,and there needs are just as great as older members--may one suggest that if you get that deja vu feeling you put a thread up yourself--without threads pio would not exist--or just not reply to some threads that deja vu you

as you well know stace pio is an ever evolving site with knew members,and there needs are just as great as older members--may one suggest that if you get that deja vu feeling you put a thread up yourself--without threads pio would not exist--or just not reply to some threads that deja vu you

Ooh good comeback :tongue::wubclub: you know i was just winding you up :wink:

Well as you know i havent made a move yet and dont know if I even will, but when i told people i was thinking of emigrating i got mixed reactions. Gran said "you wont be able to, they only take people like doctors and rich people" :goofy: Mum and dad were pleased for me but i always got the the feeling they thought it would never happen (so far they're right)

Same goes for a few friends but i had one friend who gave me quite a lot of grief and said things like " i dont know why you'd want to leave everyone behind and go that far when you dont know anybody over there" and then tried to make me feel like i'd never find work etc. Also played on the fact that I had a lot of guilt that I'd have to leave my oldest dog behind with a member of family. So theres your answer from me :cute:

family and friends...: yea right.. shes a dreamer..exaggerator....too old.. lives in cuckoo land.. ( then a ,divorce, sold house got a job offer and reigstered with ahpra now on brink of the 457)tears and more tears and disbelief and speechless... my two sons all the way through have been mum you are amazing and we are so proud of you.. deep in my head.. oh my ha ha I am really at the ripe old age of 47 going to do this!! alone!!

My sister wasnt shocked, said if her kids were younger (they are 12 16 and 18) she would go too. My brother also said go for we will get over it...(even daydreams still about going) but my poor wee mum just cried...then subdued and finally let off so much bitterness and anger and poor mes in one conversation...I listened took it all and have not mentioned it since...her bottom line was why didnt we do it sooner before we had our kids, to now wait to she is "gone" (she is ill but not terminal) ...such a uncomfortable guilty undecided time it is for us.

Friends are shocked but nobody is exempt from this recession the irish economy and downturn...!!

Murta

My mother and sister pretty much ignored the fact that we were going- they never refered to it...even as we were due to leave. They then ignored my calls and emails from Oz and dropped/blocked me from Facebook. We have been back nearly 2 years and they are still ignoring us....despite my best efforts, they haven't seen us or our 3 children for nearly 3 years...funny old world.

My mother and sister pretty much ignored the fact that we were going- they never refered to it...even as we were due to leave. They then ignored my calls and emails from Oz and dropped/blocked me from Facebook. We have been back nearly 2 years and they are still ignoring us....despite my best efforts, they haven't seen us or our 3 children for nearly 3 years...funny old world.

Thats horrible :sad: Im sure its their loss

oh no! people are so very cruel. sending you a hug x

Yes it is a great shame, especially as our children are very young and the only grandchildren (my sister never had any). Also they are my only family here in the UK all my husband's are in Oz and wonderful....such a shame we didn't like Australia-we miss the Oz family very much.

Thanks for your kind words but we are ok really...it is out of my control, thank heavens my husband is a wonderful father/husband and we are a very close unit.

My mum and dad can't wait for us to go cause they want us to sponsor them lol, my sister has said that they will not be able visit ever cause of the cost and won't be able to leave their business for a holiday. Sister in law says it's far to expensive out there and MIL is guilt tripping us. So lots of good vibes :biglaugh:

But on a fab note our closest friends will join us in 4yrs time with our godchildren :biggrin:

Guest wasifsaleem

Well mixed feeling and reactions from different people, my parents become happy but sad too, some cousins become jealous some are happy that we are moving to Australia, same as with friends and colleagues some are really surprised and some are regretting that why they did not listened to me lately when I was trying to convince them to avail this opportunity. And finally for me it is a blessing, I consider one of grate success of my life, this what best I could do for my kids to save and give them a better and bright future and they will going to live with more civilized and law abiding people and will going to get better education. My parents struggled for me for a better life they left the village and came to the Capital city, and now its my time to work hard to and provide a better life standard to my kid. May God help me to achieve my objectives and goals....(Amin) cheers...:):):)

Guest fultonclan

We've had a really positive response from all our friends, not one has been negative, however when it comes to my family I've not had a good one. My dad and stepmum are aware that this is happening but refuse to bring the subject up and have chosen to ignore it. My brother has told me he doesn't think he'll ever be able to come out to Oz as its far too expensive for him and his family (although they are holidaying left right and centre) but wishes us luck), and my sister has been just downright nasty about it all. Apparently, according to her, I'm really selfish to have even considered going, it's all my husbands fault (in fact I want to go more than him and have done since I was 15 years old), how could I think about taking my boys away from their grandad? I'll never ever see her again and she has made it perfectly clear that she will never come and visit us. Actually she says if we go I will never see any of my family ever again.

So have on many occasions felt extremely guilty and cried several times over her words, but I want to do what I think is the best decision for myself, hubby and two small boys, they are my number one priority and I believe that Australia will hold the better future for us. I could be wrong but what have I got to lose? My family? Well they have made their opinions perfectly clear!

Mine were accepting of it. They didn't want us to go especially as our daughter was two then and I think they wondered if she'd grow up not knowing her family in England. They were pretty respectful of the decision though. They knew that I didn't want to go, but that my partner was homesick for Australia, so they didn't want to make the whole experience any more stressful than it already was.

We've had a really positive response from all our friends, not one has been negative, however when it comes to my family I've not had a good one. My dad and stepmum are aware that this is happening but refuse to bring the subject up and have chosen to ignore it. My brother has told me he doesn't think he'll ever be able to come out to Oz as its far too expensive for him and his family (although they are holidaying left right and centre) but wishes us luck), and my sister has been just downright nasty about it all. Apparently, according to her, I'm really selfish to have even considered going, it's all my husbands fault (in fact I want to go more than him and have done since I was 15 years old), how could I think about taking my boys away from their grandad? I'll never ever see her again and she has made it perfectly clear that she will never come and visit us. Actually she says if we go I will never see any of my family ever again.

So have on many occasions felt extremely guilty and cried several times over her words, but I want to do what I think is the best decision for myself, hubby and two small boys, they are my number one priority and I believe that Australia will hold the better future for us. I could be wrong but what have I got to lose? My family? Well they have made their opinions perfectly clear!

Gosh, what a terrible situation for you. Do you think they may come round to accepting your decision when the time comes?. Time can be a healer and all that?.

Guest fultonclan
Gosh, what a terrible situation for you. Do you think they may come round to accepting your decision when the time comes?. Time can be a healer and all that?.

I think my dad will accept it and become positive once we are there and he sees the benefits of Oz, my brother I'm unsure of, maybe, but my sister no never I don't think. She originally came up with all the excuses (she doesn't like the heat/sun, it's far too long a flight etc etc) but we will see. Yes time can be a great healer so with a bit of luck! X

I am sad to hear these things I really hope time is a healer. i think you are amazing to want to change and better your life x

Guest fultonclan
I am sad to hear these things I really hope time is a healer. i think you are amazing to want to change and better your life x

Thank you, I have to think of my boys and give them the best I possibly can x

Guest Burchos

My Mum and Dad were really sad, but as they had visited Australia in the past to see my Sister who lives there with her daughter and husband, the could understand why we wanted to go. I know it will break my Mums heart (and mine for that matter) when we do go as all her Grandchildren will be living in Australia. We are lucky enough that we have financial provisions for them to come over and visit whenever they wan, as they are getting on and their pension doesn't go far.

Friends - well that's a different matter. My true friends don't give me hard time about going. They are really supportive. But it's really weird we have friends who we hardly every see and they get all over emotional telling us not to go as they will miss us. It's nice to know your liked but I don't get it!

Guest Burchos

That's awful for you and must be hard for the children to understand.