Rabies blood test

Rebecca1978

Hi, my dogs rabies blood test has just came back at .1 and has to be .5, I'm absolutely gutted as its only 1 in 20 dogs that fail, so back to the vets we go for more vaccinations and another blood test in 3 weeks, it's now added another 3/4 weeks until we can go, so we won't get to aus now until December.

on a brighter side I'm still looking like a Cheshire cat as our visa's were granted this morning.

sorry to hear that, its just bad luck. but our vet did recommend having the blood test 3 weeks after rabies injection, for maximum chance of passing dont leave it 4 weeks. also discuss with your vet and the company who are transporting your dog as im sure it is possible to have two consecutive rabies vaccines, also to increase chances of passing. everything crosssed for you. we are taking our two dogs to perth and i know how stressfull it can be, most worrying part of emigrating for me infact!!

Guest The Pom Queen

Have a word with Bob on here he is a vet and shipping agent.

Dont forget you can still ship your dog it would just mean longer in quarantine.

Congrats on the visa x

Hi, does anybody know how long it takes for the blood results to come back?

I have been waiting nearly three weeks now. I have phoned my vet and they said they will chase it up and will call me back but I've still not heard anything.

I know that when they got the bloods from our dogs (from the jugular) he said that it would be about a week for the results, But it was about 3 weeks before we got the results... nervy times but all was well... Good luck...

Hi, well my furbaby had his 2nd rabies shot on Saturday, and another blood test on 29th, fingers crossed this one works.
All will be GooD... Like i said, we got the dogs done and then the vet rang us up the next day to say that it was recommended to book another jab just to make sure that the antibodies are high, for the pass... So another jab of the old rabies will do the job... GoOd LuCk... :hug:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone, just a quick update to let you all know my furbabys rabies blood test came back today and he has passed,I'm so pleased, I can now contact PETAIR and get things moving.

thanks for all your support and kind words.

Yey.... Go team furbabys...:animal-beaver:

Hi, my dogs rabies blood test has just came back at .1 and has to be .5, I'm absolutely gutted as its only 1 in 20 dogs that fail, so back to the vets we go for more vaccinations and another blood test in 3 weeks, it's now added another 3/4 weeks until we can go, so we won't get to aus now until December.on a brighter side I'm still looking like a Cheshire cat as our visa's were granted this morning.
sorry to but in on this one but how much did you pay for the test? Our dog had her rabies jab on Tuesday and is booked in for the test at the end of July...

Archived