Repeat prescriptions

Sparnell

I get a prescription with 5 repeats on it. You take it to the chemist, get your pills and they give you a new prescription with 4 repeats left etc, until your on your last one then back to the Doctors for another. So one visit to Doc every six months, easy!

Was just perusing the website to see how much my inhalers were going to cost me and made a bit of a face when I saw the $$ amount - hubby asked what was wrong? I told him and his dead pan reply was "Either way you're going to have to buy them aren't you?"

I do love a bargain but no such much that I'd die not to pay full price :biglaugh:

It's a max of around $32 per item per fill so if you have a couple of meds then it could be $64 per month. My doc always gave me repeats for 6 months as well so a visit (out of pocket $30+ per visit) every 6 months at least.

How much per them is it in oz now, I am paying £7.20 per bloody item in the uk, robbers.

You pay the actual price of each item, up to a cap of around $35. However, there are a couple of extra bits. First, if you have a lot of scripts as a family, there's a limit to the maximum amount you spend each calendar year--above that, the price per script drops to $5.80 per time.

Also, if you taxable income is below a certain amount, you get a "Healthcare Card" which means you only pay the $5.80 per script up to a maximum of 70 scripts (again for the family, not just you) then all scripts after that are free.

(The amounts are reviewed each year and change annually.)

Archived