Feel really bad for not being on here much !!!!!

The Butlers

Hello All

Have been busy bee's since arriving April last year !!!! can't belive we have been here a year as it took so bloody long to get here just shows if you want something bad enough you will get it :wink:

I must say thanks to poms in oz and the hours and hours and hours of being on here leading up to finally coming to oz for good Myself and my family have meet some amazing people from here and they have all made the move so much easier.

Was having lunch on the marine (i know rub it in but derserve it haha) with two lovely ladies which I meet on here and we were all saying how bad we feel for not being on here and helping others like we were helped so many times and i went for coffee with an amazing lady who does still help others on here and who was an amazing support to so many of us when we were waiting for the god damn visa's so felt bad for not coming on.

I always enjoyed reading stories good and bad about how people were getting on.

So will let you know how our first year in oz has been will keep it short i hope haha

I have had a job since we arrived as i had an interview when we came to validate in may nothing full time just a few meetings here and there to get me ready for my own meeting which i did in the uk ( I am a weight watcher leader) so I now have my own meetings and really enjoy them same as I did in the uk.

My husband a plasterer and roofer started off as a plasterer for first 8 months hated it but it was a means to an end until he got a job up in the mines. ( he hated plastering in uk too so nothing to do with plastering here)

He is on a job as a trades assit not that he is is doing that he is doing the same as the capenters just can't help getting involved, he flys out for 4 weeks (not nice but not forever) he comes back for a week and we all have a great time.

The boys age 8 and 6 have been to two different schools we only changed schools because my friend who i see most days lives in this area and her hubby works in the mines so we support each other.

We also have a lovely puppy a labradoodle who keeps us all safe and busy while hubby is away x

We are working hard to save a deposit for a house as money we made in the uk selling our house has long gone !!

On the wages we both earn we are able to pay bills and enjoy meals out and days out and even managing to put some money by for a deposit.

We are loving living in oz and it's best thing we have done for us all.

We all have some amazing friends who become the family you thought you could never live without.

We havent had any visitors just yet selfish gits anyone would think them flights are expensive haha

Will do my best to pop back on here every now and then incase i can be of any help to anyone.

Right must go got car to load up for work in the morning, packed lunches to do, read to the boys ect ect ect.

Sorry for neglect :biggrin:

Emma and gang x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hats hoff to you all, it doesn't sound easy for you, but clearly you are positive upbeat people, who have the right attitude and want to embrace what Australia has to offer. Best of luck.

Hats hoff to you all, it doesn't sound easy for you, but clearly you are positive upbeat people, who have the right attitude and want to embrace what Australia has to offer. Best of luck.

Thanks for the good luck and yes we are enjoying it and get told off by the boys for saying things in an english accent haha

Hi Emma

We moved to MIndarie a couple of weeks ago after staying with family in Iluka for the first 8 weeks.

Have to say that we are enjoying the area so far and Jakey T is enjoying his new school at Mindarie Primary.

Trudy has also started meeting up with PIO members at The Dome in the marina so it looks like this could be an area we will settle in long term.

Cheers

Si

Hi Emma

We moved to MIndarie a couple of weeks ago after staying with family in Iluka for the first 8 weeks.

Have to say that we are enjoying the area so far and Jakey T is enjoying his new school at Mindarie Primary.

Trudy has also started meeting up with PIO members at The Dome in the marina so it looks like this could be an area we will settle in long term.

Cheers

Si

It is a great area glad you are settling well.

When you next meet at the dome let me know :biggrin:

Archived