English A-Levels

Guest liaminho

Guest liaminho

I would've finished my A-levels before I move to Australia. Does anyone know how they are viewed down under? Are they considered to be of a better quality than their compulsory SACE's?

Many thanks :)

Liam

• 2 weeks later...

A levels will be regarded in the same way as whatever applies for school leaving locally. They should be enough to get you into university although I dont know how they determine equivalence for getting a University Entrance score (UAI). It might be an idea to write to whichever university you want to enrol in and ask them what you need to do and what sort of A level grades they would be expecting.

Aussies generally dont consider anything earned abroad as being "better" than the homegrown variety so dont expect them to give any preference to A level results. Personally, yes I think that A levels are more rigorous and at a higher level than what applies for Year 12 assessment especially the joke that we have here in ACT.

Hi, don't know if possible with A levels, but if you can get a transcript of what your qualifications entail, that would be good, to show exactly what you have studied. This was what they wanted to see of my degree for a postgrad course- which I didn't have of course! Any paperwork you can get hold of, the more the better.

Goode luck, Jo

I'd ask the school for the curriculum for each A level course you've taken as proof of study (and obviously your certificates). Quolls idea of contacting a uni is a good one - ask them if your A levels would act as an equivelent.

Good luck with your A levels

Ali

Archived