Mechanical and Electrical

doogan88

hey all,

I'm in the M+E trade back in the UK (Gas,water,fitting)and im looking to head out to Perth in Decemeber! Been pinging out loads of emails to M+E companies out there but have had no response at all!

Does anyone know of any companies in this field of work, or could help point me in the right direction??

I'm going on a holiday work visa first just to see how I get on...So I dont mind if im working as a plumber etc and dont do Gas as i know the rules and regs will be different???

thanks Chris

hey all,

I'm in the M+E trade back in the UK (Gas,water,fitting)and im looking to head out to Perth in Decemeber! Been pinging out loads of emails to M+E companies out there but have had no response at all!

Does anyone know of any companies in this field of work, or could help point me in the right direction??

I'm going on a holiday work visa first just to see how I get on...So I dont mind if im working as a plumber etc and dont do Gas as i know the rules and regs will be different???

thanks Chris

hi chris , im a plumber from uk and been in melbourne year and half ! im not surprised your not getting any replies as you are still in uk and it doesnt get much better when u r here ! sorry to tell u this but its the truth ! also when u get here u will also here aussie plumbing companies telling you " yeah mate illl give u a start - no worries - ill ring u tomorrow) , then NOTHING ! , but in your favour ive heard perth is not as clique/bullshitting as melbourne so u may be ok. also if you want to work as a plumber you need to be registered or licensed anywhere in australia ! u may pick up work thru sites like gumtree though ! REGS ! well wen u get here u wont be long in hearing about the awesome aussie regs/standards (brainwashed me thinks) - flared/drifted fittings r still used here ! - but i notice on site they r now catching up with us - using rehau/press fittings/pushfit lol . last week an aussie plumber showed me a hepworth fitting last week n said " bet u dont get these in eu" i showed him the print on it ! "made in uk" enuff said, - to be honest with u ive got a bee in my bonnet after all this time because they make it so difficult for us uk plumbers here, ive been plumbing qualified since 1995 and forgot more than some of the plumbers know here, But on a positive note at least u try different job types here - plenty labouring jobs also - rant over :arghh:

cheers Charlie, theres so many websites and so much to read up on just about if are stuff gets recognised out there! looks like im gonna have to wing it and just see whats happens when I get there!? the majority of my work here is site work so suits me down to the ground! Im not making it a permanent thing just gonna go for a year and see how i get on! will try my hand at most trades if need be!

As your plumbing out there is it pretty much the same sorta work and same ways we do things back home? thinking of sending some tools out but as you know we have to carry alot for our job so whats prices like out there to buy tools etc?

Archived