APHRA-Full payment taken, I thought they only took part of the payment at first??

For anyone that has applied to APHRA-I've seen on a few posts that they only take your assessment fee initially and then your registration fee later on once they are happy with your application. However APHRA recieved my application and have taken the full payment ($540 which = £354).

Is this what they do now?

Just want to make sure there not going to take even more in a few weeks time!

Thanks all!

Sorry I am a bit confused about your question??

Some people who have not had the full payment taken have not met the full identity requirements, ie not having a passport with a visa attached. They have to turn up and finish the process with the passport etc. I wondered it might be different if you already had your visa? or a previous visa?

They took ours too ............. I do seem to think though that when the received the application (and by this I mean when it was lodged on their system -------- as opposed to doing anything with it ----------- they took an application fee) Then they took the full registration fee .............. we thought they took that when they approve it, but we were wrong.

Some people who have not had the full payment taken have not met the full identity requirements, ie not having a passport with a visa attached. They have to turn up and finish the process with the passport etc. I wondered it might be different if you already had your visa? or a previous visa?

I think I know what you are meaning here, this is what we thought, a case of turning up at the local APHRA office upon arrival in OZ, then they take the full fee, is this what you mean? But with us they took it before they did the registration and cleared us out just before Christmas ................................

I havent got a current oz visa but i did have one 3 years ago

Was it in your current passport?

I'm trying to work out why some had the full amount and some pay for the registration bit when they turn up in Oz? :biggrin:

No the visa is in my old passport. So not sure why some pay and some dont. How much have they taken off you gillraen?

Not sure, yet, will be checking as soon as the statement comes in though! I hope I put enough in, it was hubbie's card I used since I no longer use a CC. :rolleyes:

Archived