for people who are claiming the full 8 years of experience (15 points)

Sol2Oz

I'm just wondering if there is a trend - that for those of you who have claimed more than 8 years of experience for a skilled visa, if the case officers have asked you to provide more proof of employment - other than the letter from HR, references and the pay stub...

I read a post where this happens mostly to people who are claiming the full 15 points. What are your experiences or what have your heard?

I had 5 years but did not claim points since i didnt have my assessing body, engineers australia, assess my length of experience. Thus, i dont have much proof other than

the work experience documentation.

I did read from the diac site that a relevant assessing body may provide the assessment that disac may consider.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

At the moment DIAC usually assess your work experiance on how much points you require for the 65. If you are over the 65 it is not likley that they are going to ask you to proived alot of additional information

bank statements

payslips

P60

tax returns

HR or/& employer references

They will also get the Local commission to call employers to verify employment.

The Points advice letter is not required for your application to the DIAC as they will assess your epmloyment experience. The points advice letter seems to me to have been introduced ahead of the Skillselect, that how much points you have on your expression of interest matters as if you overestimate your points,your application gets put back to the Expression of interest pile.

We only provided the HR & line manager referances and 1 payslip (& Chartership certificate after 5 years of employment with IMechi) - we were not asked for additional information

I have more than 5 years of experience but in the online application, I did not claim points for my experience, do you think DIAC will consider to give me points for what I did not claim for?

I have more than 5 years of experience but in the online application, I did not claim points for my experience, do you think DIAC will consider to give me points for what I did not claim for?

Once they see you have 65 points, they don't bother working themselves harder to see where you can have more points.

I have 10 years of experience and CO didn't ask me any additional document maybe 'cs I've sent tons of papers, contracts and reference letters.

I was afraid CO needed more information due to the fact that I've been working as freelancer since 2001.

My agent always told me that CO wants to be sure about previous 3 years.

that sounds comforting, thank you sol2oz.

By the way, how's your progress going?

Well, I am expecting a CO this week, hence the reason why I'm making sure of the documentation I had uploaded.

We would like to claim the full 8 points, but unfortunately we were in partnership with someone who has since returned to the UK and we cannot get hold of them for the paperwork and the old accountant is not willing to help either.

It looks like we will only be able to claim the 5 years as we have tax returns and everything in our name, but are wondering if there was anything else that someone could think of that we could produce to DIAC to prove that we were trading longer?

We would like to claim the full 8 points, but unfortunately we were in partnership with someone who has since returned to the UK and we cannot get hold of them for the paperwork and the old accountant is not willing to help either.

It looks like we will only be able to claim the 5 years as we have tax returns and everything in our name, but are wondering if there was anything else that someone could think of that we could produce to DIAC to prove that we were trading longer?

if you are applying for a 175, you can have your work experience assessed by your assessing body. Im my friend's case, engineers australia included in the approval letter that they recognize the 5 years worth of experience.

You may check with your assessing body how you can get your 8 years experience gets recognized.

I have 10 years of experience and CO didn't ask me any additional document maybe 'cs I've sent tons of papers, contracts and reference letters.

I was afraid CO needed more information due to the fact that I've been working as freelancer since 2001.

My agent always told me that CO wants to be sure about previous 3 years.

Did you claim the 10 years experience in your online application?

If you did, did you have your assessing body rate your 10 years experience?

Did you claim the 10 years experience in your online application?

If you did, did you have your assessing body rate your 10 years experience?

Maximum points for work experiance is 8 years in last 10.

Points advisor letters for assessing bodies are just what it says Advice - DIAC make there own opinions. THe poster had likely more points than the 65 therefore what was uploaded with application was sufficient to prove the points which was required.

We are also claiming 8-yrs but the only evidence my husband has is a reference from his employer. He worked for a small firm so he did not have an employment contract and only started getting payslips from 2009 onwards? Will this reference be enough? These 8 years gives us the 65 points we need.

We are also claiming 8-yrs but the only evidence my husband has is a reference from his employer. He worked for a small firm so he did not have an employment contract and only started getting payslips from 2009 onwards? Will this reference be enough? These 8 years gives us the 65 points we need.

Add tax returns as well.

He was employed so didn't do tax returns. We have p60s but again only back to 2009....unless we can get earlier ones from HMRC??

He hits 1yr at his Aussie employer in a month so we should be able to get another 5 points from there which will put us up to 70 points. Do you think it would be worth waiting to then so we are that 5 points clear and under less scrutiny?

He was employed so didn't do tax returns. We have p60s but again only back to 2009....unless we can get earlier ones from HMRC??

He hits 1yr at his Aussie employer in a month so we should be able to get another 5 points from there which will put us up to 70 points. Do you think it would be worth waiting to then so we are that 5 points clear and under less scrutiny?

I remember however that to have your number of years experience recognized by your assessing body, you only need to submit a filled out sheet containing work experience, there's no professional or signed documents required even. The table should just show what you have been doing for the x years that you wish to claim, you might want to try to contacwith your assessing body.

I remember however that to have your number of years experience recognized by your assessing body, you only need to submit a filled out sheet containing work experience, there's no professional or signed documents required even. The table should just show what you have been doing for the x years that you wish to claim, you might want to try to contacwith your assessing body.

Oh I don't remember having to specify this and it isn't detailed on his VETASSESS certificate anywhere? I think we'll just apply with what we have got and see what happens.

If the 18-mth timeframe is right by the time they get to the decision stage he'll have 2.5 yrs Australian work experience on top of his UK experience so 10.5yrs in total....i'd hope they wouldn't argue with that..... :wink:

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have some confusion regarding the ACS assessment.

1) I got the +ve assessment with 4 years of experience in May, 2012 and It is calculated from my first job, March 2008. This assessment is valid till 2014.

Now my question is, Can I claim 5 years of experience with this assessment?

Because March, 2013. my experience has reached 5 years in the Same company.

2) If yes then how can I claim additional 1 year of experience(ACS assessment 4 years + 1 more year)?

3) If no then what should I do now?

4) I already applied for reassessment for adding 1 more year in experience in 27, April. Actually, I didn't know the new ACS rules when applied for reassessment.

So, if the assessment result shows in new format then it will deduct 2 years from my experience which will be invalidated their previous assessment.

My question is, Can I use old assessment after reassessment result comes out?

Because I need to claim points for 5 years experience.

5) If DIAC ask for the evidence for 5 years then how can I claim? If they dont agree with payslips, reference letter etc. then what should I do?

6) If DIAC dont give 5 years of experience then (3000+1500=4500)AD will be lost and visa will be banned for 3 years.

Dear Senior expats and experts I need your support badly. Please assist me what should I do and what shouldn't .

Regards

Rumel

Archived