Got The Visa!!!!

sandk

:biglaugh::biglaugh: Well I always said 'nice lad that case officer bloke'. Never once in the last thee and half weeks whilst he ignored me after saying he would make a decsion in a week or two have I taken his name in vain. Never once got up at 3 a.m. for a little toilet stop and thought 'I will just check the emails'. Never once convinced myself that some unforgiveable illness/crime/something else has been discovered during 'routine processing of my application' that would mean all our dreams of emigrating were ashes in the wind. No it's been all plain sailing ....

So we got the visa. Stangely all the forms still say 'outstanding' so all that obsessive checking of status didn't matter, but the visa has been granted and we have to be in Austalia by March 2nd 2013 (to vlaidate).

Hubby is in Afghanistan so cannot tell anyone else except you lovely lot. He gets home November so guess where we will be spending post tour Christmas??? Go on guess - not at the bloody 'Would you like to give us £50 towards the turkey and trimmings if you want to have dinner' in laws that's for sure.

Started process in July 2011, Application granted today. Let the celebrations commence:yes:

Thank you very much. Pesky kids want breakfast and want to know what we are doing for the day. All I want to do is sit here and look at flights, look at houses, find His Lordship a job - but no they want food! I feel quite punch drunk actually - 'tis a lovely feeling.

Thank you Dani. I almost asked whether pudding and coffee was included and whether their grandchild got 50% discount - but I just bought her some smelly stuff (buy 1 get 1 free form Superdrug) and said I knew she was a 'frugal' lady so would appreciate that it was only a token. The worst thing is they are actually very well to do and do not need money so it is just a case of being (as me Granny would have said) 'TIGHT!'

Guest Wrighty2012

Brilliant news! I'm really chuffed for you. Gives me (well, us) hope of saying the same thing in the not too distant future. We're in the very early stages of the process. Hubby sat IELTS exam 7 days ago, still waiting results. Then I guess it's onto the next stage of the process.........patience is not my strong point, can you tell? Hubby also (very coincidently) finds out later today if he's been made redundant so we've got that "bouncing" around our bonces at the moment too. Your post is fab news and has made my morning! Here's to a Christmas of your choice going forward eh?! :biglaugh:

Ahh thank you all. Sent email to Afghanistan to tell hubby but don't know when he will get it. Seems weird knowing but knowing he doesn't know (if you know what I mean!)

Wrighty they do seem to be flying through all the applications - we frontloaded our medials becasue hubby was deploying and we wee worried that he would be away when we got 28 days notice to arrange them. The very next day we had a case officer appointed. I am not sure if they are realted but it did seem to push us ahead a little. Of course, the downside is that we now have to enter and validate our visa by March.

Muchkinella are you now in Australia - how did you find it?

caroline - yep a glass of wine when they finally give in - I may let them watch tv in the guest room just to get shot of them! (Bad mother emoticon....)

Kimeda - are you going to Adelaine - we have to now ocnfirm where we are going. Perth is looking attractive as well. Oh decisions, decisions :)

Guest guest30085

Congratulations on getting your visa :hug:

I hope hubby has managed to read your email and is celebrating also, some good news for him over there.

I bet you cant wait to invite the In laws over to visit you in Oz :wink: you could charge then 50% for everything! (Naughty but funny :laugh:)

Best of luck to you for your move and the new adventure

Gill x

:biglaugh::biglaugh: Well I always said 'nice lad that case officer bloke'. Never once in the last thee and half weeks whilst he ignored me after saying he would make a decsion in a week or two have I taken his name in vain. Never once got up at 3 a.m. for a little toilet stop and thought 'I will just check the emails'. Never once convinced myself that some unforgiveable illness/crime/something else has been discovered during 'routine processing of my application' that would mean all our dreams of emigrating were ashes in the wind. No it's been all plain sailing ....

So we got the visa. Stangely all the forms still say 'outstanding' so all that obsessive checking of status didn't matter, but the visa has been granted and we have to be in Austalia by March 2nd 2013 (to vlaidate).

Hubby is in Afghanistan so cannot tell anyone else except you lovely lot. He gets home November so guess where we will be spending post tour Christmas??? Go on guess - not at the bloody 'Would you like to give us £50 towards the turkey and trimmings if you want to have dinner' in laws that's for sure.

Started process in July 2011, Application granted today. Let the celebrations commence:yes:

MillieMollie - you see that's what I love about the forum - good constructive idea's. I could offer B and B or half board, although will be far too busy settling in for the first decade or so!!

Muchkinella - we loved Melbourne when we visited (stayed at Manly) but are worried about cost of housing and jobs. My other half is a chartered engineer but we will probably look at managment as he has really been doing that (and bombs, he is EOD!) for the last few years. Perth has got lots of Defence jobs and Mining - not sure what Melbourne could offer him. Is there a particular Industry Melbourne thrives in?

Ahh thank you all. Sent email to Afghanistan to tell hubby but don't know when he will get it. Seems weird knowing but knowing he doesn't know (if you know what I mean!)

Wrighty they do seem to be flying through all the applications - we frontloaded our medials becasue hubby was deploying and we wee worried that he would be away when we got 28 days notice to arrange them. The very next day we had a case officer appointed. I am not sure if they are realted but it did seem to push us ahead a little. Of course, the downside is that we now have to enter and validate our visa by March.

Muchkinella are you now in Australia - how did you find it?

caroline - yep a glass of wine when they finally give in - I may let them watch tv in the guest room just to get shot of them! (Bad mother emoticon....)

Kimeda - are you going to Adelaine - we have to now ocnfirm where we are going. Perth is looking attractive as well. Oh decisions, decisions :)

We'll be off to Perth :) sun, more sun, beaches, rottnest island, nice wide roads :) I can't wait to sit in kings park again. I remember sitting there with my bare feet on the grass taking it all in and thinking I could live here....

Adelaide is meant to be sunny, beautiful, and more affordable so wherever you're headed im sure it'll be great either way. Plus it's closer to all the other cities so more opportunity for trips.

MillieMollie - you see that's what I love about the forum - good constructive idea's. I could offer B and B or half board, although will be far too busy settling in for the first decade or so!!

Muchkinella - we loved Melbourne when we visited (stayed at Manly) but are worried about cost of housing and jobs. My other half is a chartered engineer but we will probably look at managment as he has really been doing that (and bombs, he is EOD!) for the last few years. Perth has got lots of Defence jobs and Mining - not sure what Melbourne could offer him. Is there a particular Industry Melbourne thrives in?

Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, IT, Teaching and such. Probably construction as well but don't quote me on it.

We loved the idea of Melbourne as well but the job prospects didn't seem as good as Perth for RMHs (plus no first home owner grant/stamp duty waiver lol)

Archived