Looking for a removal Company, has anyone got any recommendations?

Guest thesnoopyace

Guest richard darlison

check that the company will remove all rubbish from your property once delivered we are having grief with the australian side of operations, they refuse to remove the rubbish and expect me to do it after we spent quite a lot of money for shipping container full of stuff

Guest thesnoopyace

I've had the crown rep around and whilst i think the Sales man was good at the pitch i've been told good things about Eagle Relocations, I've got there Director Onkar Sharma coming to survey has anyone had any dealings with Eagle?

Can you get a mixture of Good Value ? and Good Service?:confused:

Guest auntielesley

Never heard of Eagle - like the person said before find out who they use at destination - at least with Crown you know they are using their own office at destination - no subbies.

we had WRIDGWAYS at this end Australia, they were awsome, took all our stuff away for us too. CROWN in the uk are good, Pickfords Debateable ???? .e uused PSS ourselfs had a few probs with them , and ON moving INTERSTATE we used King and Wilson THE BEST WE FOUND .

King and Wilson handled the Australian mainland part (Melbourne) of shipping my stuff and I have to say I found them be highly variable. My main contact was friendly and easy to reach but seemingly forgot to arrange for my shipment to be sent onto me here in Tas. :huh: Consequently my stuff spent more time in King & Wilson's storage than it took to get from England to Melbourne! I had to chase and spoke to a different person who sorted it out right away. They used a different firm Tassie side (don't find the name to hand unfortunately) who were were pretty good though.

If you use K&W, please don't hesitate to chase them if you think they're taking a bit too long.

Guest renette

got the best value for money from F+N Worldwide removals. - they quoted us €3825 for a 20 ft. container (self loading) from austria to perth. (they are a british company)

• 3 months later...

Move from Melbourne to Southampton.

The girl at the office was completely incompetent. Couldn't answer any questions without asking her manager, cut and pasted emails between clients so I had other peoples details, and on my 'final' quote I was apparently moving to NZ?! She didn't send out the insurance paperwork until the day, so I couldn't make a copy. She was dating one of the packing guys who stood over me while I filled out the feedback form honestly, saying I was unhappy with the office girl. Her boyfriend then questioned me on who I'd been dealing with, trying to get a name out of me making me feel very uncomfortable.

The packers showed up 8 hrs late after threatening to cancel, then had inadequate packing materials. The 'sort of' wrapped my bigger items ( bedside tables and the like) and REUSED (completely unhygenic) 2 smaller matress protectors sticky taped together to cover my mattress stating that everything would be re-packed when it arrived at the depo.

The day my belongings where to arrive in the UK, I phoned wrote to ask when they would be delivered and was only then told that my belongings had missed the agreed shipping date, so my wedding decorations and photos would now not arrive till the week after my wedding. The charming woman also reminded me that they were in no way responsible because a partial consignment can't be guaranteed.

A month later when it finally showed up, nothing had been repacked, everything was dirty or damaged and 5 boxes of irreplaceable items like photos, baby clothes and things left me by my dead father and grandmother were just not there. They've told me they can't find them, and refered me to claims. Funny the only things missing were the ones I said were irreplaceable to office girls boyfriend. Everything worth anything was in those boxes including 300dvd's and 12 box sets of candle holders for the wedding still in the orriginal packaging, toys and baby clothes.

Don't make the mistake I made using a big agent and thinking it will be ok.

Admin note: Company name removed as per forum rules.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smell32

We are planning on moving over there in the next few months, flights not quite booked yet.

Anglo Pacific keep emailing us about coming to do a quote. Never heard of Crown, have heard some horror stories which make me nervous. Should we just get them all in and see who looks the most professional? Perhaps we need to do some homework, anyone point us in the right direction as we live in the very south of England with little or no options locally.

Guest truffy

Sounds like a complete nightmare!! Please would you be kind enought to pm me with the name of the company so that we don't use them as we have 3 quotes coming in ..... at least you'll get a bit of your own back on them! Thanks!

Guest guest36187
Not much point using this forum if we are not allowed to actually name companys is there?

We cannot name and shame on the forum. Please look at the new forum rules which will indicate this.

We used Simpsons International from Kent and they were superb!

Archived