WA SMP not coming soon due to its high quota and Already Aprroved Sponsorship

Guest arun123

Guest arun123

WA SMP is not coming faster than other states. Because there quota is higher than other states and They have approved most sponsorship as compared to other states.

So DIMA will publish SMP for all less Quota states and then WA so its easy for them to manage. As they have been doing VIC, ACT, NT & Now QLD.

God knows how much time will applicants get for processing when they will publish WA SMP because May 2010 is not so far.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This just in from the Migration Institute of Australia:

Minister Bowen’s office sent a media release today advising that the Qld SMP had commenced, but we have since been advised that that information was not correct.

The Queensland government has advised the MIA that Minister Bowen’s media release should not have gone out, that their SMP is NOT yet in place, and that we will be advised as soon as it is.

Best regards.

Alan quoted the above one

So i think QLD SMP will be ready by next week.. and WA no one knows except God :jiggy:

Correction... WA people know it already that SMP had been approved... but the problem is... they don't want to released it for some reasons! :arghh: we're all tired of waiting!

So i think QLD SMP will be ready by next week.. and WA no one knows except God :jiggy:

Guest dragsterwish

OMG, WA is gonna be last?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!??!!?!?:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

QLD SMP is not yet released! it mistakenly announced in Minister website...

QLD SMP has just been released. OMG, WA is gonna be last?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!??!!?!?:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

WAIT! .... Alan just issued an notice from MIA:

This just in from the Migration Institute of Australia:

Minister Bowen’s office sent a media release today advising that the Qld SMP had commenced, but we have since been advised that that information was not correct.

The Queensland government has advised the MIA that Minister Bowen’s media release should not have gone out, that their SMP is NOT yet in place, and that we will be advised as soon as it is.

Best regards.

Perhaps, the Minister have done all the pre-statement announcement for all the state when it is going to publish and release the SMP's... Tthe IT in-charged had mistakenly press the button of QLD SMP statement and waaaaallllaaaahhhh, it posted right away on minister's website... kinda stupid though!:laugh:

What a disaster eh?! First it's released then it's not. This lot couldn't organise a peed up in a brewery!!

We know it's been signed off along with the nt list. It was nts turn on Monday and I reckon wa may have their turn on Monday.

Another weekend of wondering!

what is strange i had said this a couple days go:biglaugh:, and people thought i was talking crap. It needs some common sense to work out, it could be last due to the amount of people they sponsor.

Guest dragsterwish
We know it's been signed off along with the nt list. It was nts turn on Monday and I reckon wa may have their turn on Monday.

Another weekend of wondering!

This is getting more ridiculous. WA's SMP has been approved for >2 weeks and not released. QLD's SMP is released much earlier when there's no indication of its approval!

I believe WA govt owe us an explanation for the delay!

Somehow, my patience is also fading with so many signs that WA's SMP would be released last... :cry:

It just doesn't make sense dragster. Why would the WA list be signed off and then wait till last,if that's what the case is then shouldn't other states list been signed off before WAs??

Because DIAC is not ready for volumeous SMP from WA... they would probably prefer to finish the first 6 SMP states and then deal with WA.

It just doesn't make sense dragster. Why would the WA list be signed off and then wait till last,if that's what the case is then shouldn't other states list been signed off before WAs??

Guest dragsterwish

Nothing makes sense to me now, JK2510. Something must have happened after WA's list have been approved that results in it not being released for >2 weeks since the announcement by the minister himself! Then suddenly QLD's SMP is released! This is getting ridiculous!

Its not that i'm against QLD's SMP release.... in fact i'm happen for those waiting for it! However, i think both WA govt & DIAC owe the applicant an explanation of what is happening! Isn't this what the public service is all about?!? Someone from WA or DIAC has to make a public statement explaining the delay. Is this something too much to expect of a public service organisation?!?!?

:arghh:

Guest VickyMel

Maybe now that WA is signed off the guys in WA are going through and working out their numbers. They may be working out which occupations they are and are not going to accept further nominations for this year given the applicants already sitting and waiting?

:hug:

Guest dragsterwish
Because DIAC is not ready for volumeous SMP from WA... they would probably prefer to finish the first 6 SMP states and then deal with WA.

If that is the case, DIAC shouldn't even announced their approval of WA's SMP! Logically, they would approve WA's last until they are done with the other States.

The fact that they've already announced the approval of WA's SMP and not commenced its processing is ridiculous. Either you don't approve it and don't let the applicant wait in vain or you state publicly what the delay is about. I believe public service owe the public an explanation of the situation now - its about proper public communication; not hiding behind the website & keeping silent about the situation.

Nothing makes sense to me now, JK2510. Something must have happened after WA's list have been approved that results in it not being released for >2 weeks since the announcement by the minister himself! Then suddenly QLD's SMP is released! This is getting ridiculous!

Its not that i'm against QLD's SMP release.... in fact i'm happen for those waiting for it! However, i think both WA govt & DIAC owe the applicant an explanation of what is happening! Isn't this what the public service is all about?!? Someone from WA or DIAC has to make a public statement explaining the delay. Is this something too much to expect of a public service organisation?!?!?

:arghh:

dragsterwish DIAC and Wa dont owe the applicant any explanation because we dont have the right to the VISA, its a matter of choice.

So many people take the mind set ive applied for a visa it my right to get the visa because i paid for it For instance I applied for the canadian visa in 2008. Still have not heard anything, still in the list waiting.

Well it diacs fault for screwing up the skilled visa programme!!! If they hadn't Of messed it about for the last 1.5 years I would of had my visa along with many others.

Dragster we are owed an explanation nobody is saying anything apart from standard BS!!

Well it diacs fault for screwing up the skilled visa programme!!! If they hadn't Of messed it about for the last 1.5 years I would of had my visa along with many others.

Dragster we are owed an explanation nobody is saying anything apart from standard BS!!

For goodness sakes, everybody wants to be first, just chill and calm down a bit, it's coming soon, how long has it been since the VIC SMP was first released... a whole month? Maybe 5 weeks.... we should all be used to this by now.

Guest dragsterwish
dragsterwish DIAC and Wa dont owe the applicant any explanation because we dont have the right to the VISA, its a matter of choice.

So many people take the mind set ive applied for a visa it my right to get the visa because i paid for it For instance I applied for the canadian visa in 2008. Still have not heard anything, still in the list waiting.

Hi UFO, DIAC & WA owe public explanation of the SITUATION; its not about right to VISA which of course its not a right.

In any public event management, it is in the interest of the organisation to manage the public/participant's expectation by managing the information flow. Whenever there is a hiccup to the flow of the event, it is natural that the public/participant would start to wonder what has happened. Public service is about managing the communication flow and in such cases, there would be a public spokesman or statement to update the public/participants what is happening so as to keep them in check.

What i'm saying is that lack of the communication here about what is happening is the lapse in the public service communication and the failure to keep the public/applicant in tune which the situation. That's what i meant by saying that WA or DIAC owe the public/applicant an explanation of the situation is why has WA's SMP been approved but not released yet after more than 2 weeks. All we need is an official update from them to say "e.g. Due to quota over-subscribed issue, WA is still liaising with DIAC further on the SMP since the approval. Further update would be provide when the SMP is due for commencement"

Its just a simple statement but it mean a lot to the public/applicant!

Guest dragsterwish
Maybe now that WA is signed off the guys in WA are going through and working out their numbers. They may be working out which occupations they are and are not going to accept further nominations for this year given the applicants already sitting and waiting?

I hope that is the case. Hope that this delay is worth it and all SS applicant are given the visa quota in this Fy!

:biggrin:

Guest dragsterwish
For goodness sakes, everybody wants to be first, just chill and calm down a bit, it's coming soon, how long has it been since the VIC SMP was first released... a whole month? Maybe 5 weeks.... we should all be used to this by now.

Hi Rinkerdink, i guess we are have good reasons to be workup but yeah, we should chill off a bit. However, you missed the point what we are agitated about. Its not about being first; its about finding out WHY DIAC has approved WA's SMP but yet to release it. If DIAC would to issue a public statement to say that due to whatever reason, WA's SMP release would be by end Dec, then we would just have to continue to wait. Yes, we are used to it by now. However, we really need to know what is this delay all about simply because it is not normal. Else, speculations would fly.

Archived