Advice on Insurance for shipping/container goods

RMT1980

Sorry if this is a topic which has been addressed before... I'm happy to be directed to another thread if one exists.

We are in the process of getting shipping quotes, and are wondering what the possible options might be for insurance and what the POI crew think is good/bad about getting your own insurance as opposed to going with the shipping companies for this.

Any advice on insurance companies that people have used before for covering their shipping/container would be appreciated, or indeed any other useful tips or advice that people have on shipping insurance.

Thanks in advance.

Don't go with the shipping company's own insurance. It will be far more expensive, cover less and a complete pain should you need to make a claim (lots of stories on here from people who have experience of this). Have a look at Letton Percival or Insure Your Move for shipping insurance.

We used Letton Percival. We also had a claim as the shippers damaged some goods. It was easy and dealt with quickly, we were paid out promptly.

Thanks guys, just getting the name of some insurance companies that others have used is a big help. I'll do some reasearch in them.

I also went with Letton Percival due to good reviews on here and I dealt with two members of staff there and they have been very helpful and quick to reply. It was much cheaper than the insurance the removal company provided and wanted me to take out. I cant comment on the claims side as my stuff was only collected a few days ago...