Singapore stopover hotel ?

CNC FABS

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children 8 & 9. Planning on a few days stop over in Singapore Late Feb / Early March.

On our next trip to Melbourne, being a one way trip this time.

Just looking for any hotel recommendations, as hard to judge. Best suited for a family etc.

We plan to visit Sentosa and other bayside attractions. Happy with any recommendations there as well.

The following are hotels we've stayed at in Singapore;

Shangri La Sentosa: Good resort hotel, slightly away from the city but close to all the Sentosa activities

Orchid Country Club; away from everything but a truly relaxing and family friendly resort (especially if you like golf) with good transport connections to the city (albiet far, 1 hour away)

Capri by Fraser, Changi City: Near to the airport (one stop on the MRT), lots of places to eat and shop as its in a mall, 30 mins or so by MRT straight into the city. Modern, but sterile.

We've enjoyed each for different reasons, the first two being our preferred, the third for convenience during stopovers.

The family suites at the Sentosa Spa & Resort are perfect - we've been twice. A large master bedroom, comfortable living area with another double bed tucked away. Avena toiletries, gorgeous fresh fruit in the room and all the finishes you'd expect in a 5*

hotel. Free shuttle to the city and the free Sentosa bus stops there.

The family suites at the Sentosa Spa & Resort are perfect - we've been twice. A large master bedroom, comfortable living area with another double bed tucked away. Avena toiletries, gorgeous fresh fruit in the room and all the finishes you'd expect in a 5*

hotel. Free shuttle to the city and the free Sentosa bus stops there.

hmm I see it has been taken over by Sofitel so it may not be so exceptional now

We stayed at the Siloso Beach resort on Sentosa island. Less than half the price of the Shangri La, biggest swimming pool and waterfall we have ever seen in a city hotel, great buffet breakfast and probably the cheapest restaurant on the island. Right on the beach.

The rooms need updating a little but I have stayed in considerably worse.

BB

I hated it, it was awful. Hope you find a nice hotel. There's some gorgeous looking ones. That deal with Singapore airlines sounds good

Yeah but if you are a family with two children you are more likely to want to spend your time on the beach or at the sound of the sea show then shopping at Orchard Rd or drinking Singapore Slings at raffles.

Staying at Sentosa is like going to Disneyland - not an authentic experience of the country you are in but safe, comfortable and easy - for a two night stopover you are not going to see much anyway wherever you stay - the Sentosa hotels probably all provide free shuttles into the city whereas I don't suppose the city ones do the reverse.

DS is well travelled across Europe, Asia, Africa and of course Australia and Sentosa still rates as one of his favourite places - maybe because if is just about fun rather than a cultural experience! A bit like the other night he asked if he could watch 'I'm a celebrity' - I guess kids at school must talk about it and he said 'I would like to watch things like that but you and dad don;t' - Sentosa is the travel equivalent of reality TV :)

well, yes with my children 8 & 9. More fun and light adventure in mind.

Only problem I notice with booking the hotel rooms with Singapore Air.

Is you can only book 2 adults and 1 child per room,not 2 children.

You have to note the extra child down as a 'special request message' and they

will do there best to accomadate you. Hardly reassuring !!