Help - Debt to Commonwealth - Mail from Case Officer

Guest dhk2aus

Dear,

I had commonwealth DEBT which i wasn't aware of. and case officer sent me following e-mail.

Dear Mr XXX

Our records indicate you have an outstanding debt of $4,500 to the Commonwealth for Litigation.

Public interest criterion 4004 of Schedule 4 of the Regulations must be met in order for a visa to be granted.

PIC 4004

The applicant does not have outstanding debts to the Commonwealth unless

the Minister is satisfied that appropriate arrangements have been made

for payment.

The debt can be repaid in full at Overseas POST counters. Please provide the receipt details via email (preferably with a screen shot) for updating of DIAC Onshore systems.

I have already made arrangement to pay the DEBT in full. my question is, is my VISA going to be refused on this ground even after i pay the debt? please advice...any

comments would be very helpful.

I have applied on January 2009..all my documents are showing MET in the system.

Guest proud2beaussie

Have you tried contacting the case officer to advise them?they may not have updated the system to show that you had made arrangements to pay.Could you either ring DIAC or email them?.

Hey i have already paid the DEBT in full. and DIAC send me a receipt which is already forwarded to my case officer. do u think i should be ok now?

• 2 years later...
Guest jennz009

Hi

Just wanted to know. I have just applied for a visa and am aware of the importance to clear all debts owed to the commonwealth Aus. How can you check if you owe anything. I met with an accident before my travel offshore and i know I have a hospital bill to pay which was suppoed to be taken care of by my insurance company and hasn't. I also have a ortho bill with a clinic. How do I locate what I owe If i dont have the bills or name of the place.. WIll this affect my visa application.

• 2 months later...
Guest sudhakar0204

Hey,

what has happened after you clear the debt that you owe to commonwealth of austalia and the same informed to CO?

DId they grant the visa or refused?

Regards

Hey i have already paid the DEBT in full. and DIAC send me a receipt which is already forwarded to my case officer. do u think i should be ok now?

Guest Guest31881

this thread is over 2 years old and the OP has not posted since October 2009.

Can I suggest that if you need answers you start a new thread as rules and regulations change and 2 years is a long time in the migration information game..

If you need help starting a thread hit the report button (triangle bottom left) and one of the mods will advise you,

Archived