Help needed please

gledhill89

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum so I would like to say big hello me and fiancée have recently returned from a trip to Redland qld my dad and two brothers have lived over there for the last 15 years and we have fell in love with the place and are now planning to move while while we are young with no kids etc etc I have spent many hours reading up the different types of visa and I think the 189 skilled migration visa will be the one we will apply for. Could someone please give a rough idea of the costs involved in the migration process and which order each process has to be done. I would like to try and complete the visa application myself without paying ridiculous fees from the agents. Thankyou in advance ?

I would like to try and complete the visa application myself without paying ridiculous fees from the agents.

Considering that there are a few trusted Agents who have been providing free advice on this forum for many years, maybe your first post should not have criticized Agents. These "ridiculous fee" charging Agents may very well have responded to your question and given you some guidance.

Good luck.

Some do charge ridiculous fees though. .not saying the ones here do but when I was looking for an agent I was quoted from a semi reasonable $2000 right up to $8500..I done it myself in the end and considering how easy it was for me It would have been ridiculous for me to pay anything for an agent

.Some ppl really need them n sum don't. ..I don't think it was an insult or criticism of anyone...just as it would be ridiculous for me to pay for a chauffeur when I don't need one but not ridiculous if I couldn't drive n badly needed their service

Sorry didn't mean to criticise the agents on here it must have come across the wrong way I would like to try and minimise costs that's all. I have completed the the points test and we have enough points for the visa I have read that the next step is to assessed by VETASSES is this correct? Thankyou ?

Sorry didn't mean to criticise the agents on here it must have come across the wrong way I would like to try and minimise costs that's all. I have completed the the points test and we have enough points for the visa I have read that the next step is to assessed by VETASSES is this correct? Thankyou 

I understand that you are trying to save some money, I don't blame you, but don't forget if you make a mistake on your application you could lose all the money you've paid for your visa, and lose the chance to migrate to Australia, not trying to put you off doing it yourself, but I wouldn't dismiss agents unless your application is very straightforward, good luck with it.

Many people do their own applications successfully but you will need to do a lot more research than simply posting on a forum, actually everything you need is on the Australian Immigration website.

We used OE for our visa and got good advise - for example I am an IT professional but it was quicker/easier/cheaper for me to be assessed as a Social Worker - right up to the visa being granted I still wasn't convinced but the agent was right.

@Alan Collett I can also personally recommend but any of the agents who post here would be fine - just make sure whoever you choose is MARA registered

I can completely understand where you are coming from maybe I should reconsider the agent option has anyone any good recommendations? Thankyou

Well after having said that, I didn't use an agent, but that was many moons ago things were much simpler and cheaper then, check back tomorrow when the sleepyheads downunder have had a chance to see your post, I'm sure you'll get some recommendations, even if you just have an initial consultation it might help, and if you do decide to use an agent make sure they are MARA registered.

Afriend of mine paid nearly 4k in agent fees and was about a month quicker than me doing it myself,all i can say is keep on top of your paperwork and have everything ready for when they ask as if there is any problems ,your case officer will give you time to rectify it.

good luck with application