Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804

Nicki22

My mother is her on a 3 month visa we are looking at Aged Parent Visa subclass 804 my mother is 83 and want to go into an aged care facility with people her own age does anyone know if she can get Medicare

Surely if she is here on a visitor visa and you plan to apply for an aged visa, then you would be responsible for providing a home base with you? If you plan to put her in an old people's home then you will be responsible for the cost, not medicare.I highly doubt that medicare would pay for an old people's home when there are thousands of elderly Australian residents in need of help and care. She would probably get a medicare card and receive health services, but that would be it.

If I have misconstrued your question, then I am sorry.

Edited by Sammy1

This visa has VERY long waiting periods - minimum of 30 years.

While if she applied while in Australia, she would get a bridging visa, but you need advice on that. She would not be entitled to any benefits including assistance for aged care facilities. She will be eligible for Medicare if she is from the UK.

Medicare wouldn't be paying for her care home and if she is reliant on the reciprocal agreement it may not pay for all medical issues (I believe it is for necessary medical care only which rules out some things which are classified as elective but which might her life better - I've no idea what but Medicare is fickle)

If she's well heeled enough to fund her care in Aus she might be better on a permanent CPV