EOI's - awaiting August 2015 Round

Pommie

Hi all

This is a thread for everyone waiting and hoping for an invite in the August 2015 round.

Whilst DIBP have not updated their website (frustratingly so) - I have read on another site from someone who call DIBP and confirmed that 3rd August 2015 is the date for the next round of invitations.

Good luck to everyone.....

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

This is a thread for everyone waiting and hoping for an invite in the August 2015 round.

Whilst DIBP have not updated their website (frustratingly so) - I have read on another site from someone who call DIBP and confirmed that 3rd August 2015 is the date for the next round of invitations.

Good luck to everyone.....

Hey Pommie, yep I'm crossing everything too for an invite in the August round. I submitted EOI way back on 7th May, so I feel like many rounds have passed by since... Although I do appreciate the first few were irrelevant as my nominated occupation had reached its ceiling. I had all crossed for the first new round in July, but alas no, so as you say..... bring on August 3rd!

Good luck to you Pommie and everyone else waiting.

So excited about the coming round! Fingers crossed! Submitted my EOI as External Auditor on June, 26th with 60 points, and wasn't selected in July round.

Wishing everyone to find a letter from SkillSelect in their mailboxes in a week!

Waiting too, trying not to get too stressed. EOI submitted April general accountant 60 points. Not holding my breath though due to new reduced acct quota :-(

Caroline - can you host your points via English test ? Thats what I did. I had 60 points with proficient English. I did PTE pearson and boosted points to 70.... good thing with them is you can schedule a test and get the results really quick.

The good news for you, is whilst it may take a couple of rounds, once they start to clear the 60 pointer backlog, you will soon get an invite...

good luck to you...

Hey Pommie, yep I'm crossing everything too for an invite in the August round. I submitted EOI way back on 7th May, so I feel like many rounds have passed by since... Although I do appreciate the first few were irrelevant as my nominated occupation had reached its ceiling. I had all crossed for the first new round in July, but alas no, so as you say..... bring on August 3rd!

Good luck to you Pommie and everyone else waiting.

You should have a good chance in this round RMT.... fingers crossed for you....

So excited about the coming round! Fingers crossed! Submitted my EOI as External Auditor on June, 26th with 60 points, and wasn't selected in July round.

Wishing everyone to find a letter from SkillSelect in their mailboxes in a week!

Orando - there isn't usually a backlog for Auditors, so you should get in this round....

Hi pommie, hi all !

My agent sent the eoi last 15th June for 189 as Production engineer with 60 points. Do you think I could get a invite on August?

Also I see you improved your points by doing the PTE Academic is that one easier to get better result compared to ielts?

I'm getting anxious !

Good luck everyone...

Hi pommie, hi all !

My agent sent the eoi last 15th June for 189 as Production engineer with 60 points. Do you think I could get a invite on August?

Also I see you improved your points by doing the PTE Academic is that one easier to get better result compared to ielts?

I'm getting anxious !

Good luck everyone...

Hi Juanbrt

It's hard to know for certain whether you will get an invite in the August round, simply because DIBP have not provided any update on their web site. I don't think your occupation has a backlog, so its very possible you will get an invite this time.

PTE Academic is different from IELTS, not necessarily easier. But being computer based (rather than pen/pencil & paper based), it can be more user friendly. Its easier to type, cut / paste / delete, etc on a PC than by pencil..

I also found the time allocation more appropriate than IELTS (again, especially on the writing front). For both you have to do the practice sets to really improve your score.... On IELTS, I booked on the Sunday for the following Friday (after I didn't get an invite in the July round and the reality of pro-rata on my Accounting occupation hit me). I ordered the gold practice test. practiced each night after work (Mon - Thur) including doing the two practice exam papers - and then sat the test on the Firday morning. I had the results back on the Saturday (all electronic) and could update my EOI then and there. It would have taken me nearly a month with IELTS (to book in advance and get postal confirmation...and then wait 13 days for the results)...

Its worth a shot, thats for sure if you don't get an invite this time.... Fingers crossed for you...

Was supposed to be submitting EOI today but my agent said the site has been suing up so will be submitted tomorrow on 60 points as an electrician general. Not expecting an invite this round which wouldn't be the end of the worlds as we're not looking to go until next September anyway.

Was supposed to be submitting EOI today but my agent said the site has been suing up so will be submitted tomorrow on 60 points as an electrician general. Not expecting an invite this round which wouldn't be the end of the worlds as we're not looking to go until next September anyway.

Hey Skyba - Are you aware you will need to do some additional training when you land in Oz.... I hear it takes around a year.... You probably know this - but just in case. It can be hard on some of the Sparky's who effectively have to become an apprentice again for a period....

Hey Skyba - Are you aware you will need to do some additional training when you land in Oz.... I hear it takes around a year.... You probably know this - but just in case. It can be hard on some of the Sparky's who effectively have to become an apprentice again for a period....

Yeah its similar to doing an NVQ but it depends on whether you get the modules completed or not as to how long it takes, some people take 3 months, my NVQ in the UK took me 5 weeks. Also it's not quite like being an apprentice, you just have to be on site with a qualified spark, depends if you are lucky with an employer, some people I've spoken to have been paid as a sparky while they get their ticket most earn more than an apprentice but less than a sparky. Funnily enough though a trade assistant in Australia gets paid more than the average sparky on the books in the UK lol.

Same from me. We're on holiday in Germany now so frantically trying to work out what time the potential invite email might arrive in order to find available wifi to check! All available limbs and digits crossed for us all. (secondary teacher, 75 points)

Im sure you'll get an invite with 75 points :-)

Does anyone know how the criteria works for invitations? I know it's highest points get invited first but what are the other factors? What if most people have 60 points, how is it decided who gets invited in what order? X

Im sure you'll get an invite with 75 points :-)

Does anyone know how the criteria works for invitations? I know it's highest points get invited first but what are the other factors? What if most people have 60 points, how is it decided who gets invited in what order? X

75 points will receive an invite (100% sure)

Yes it works on points, the higher the points the further up the queue you will be, regardless of the date that you submitted. There is a certain number of invites sent per month, so it goes from highest points first and works down. If there are a lot of 60 point EOI's then it goes on first come first served, ie whoever submitted their EOI earliest gets the invites, and so on until the monthly quota is reached.

To answer an earlier post. The invites are generated at midnight (AEST) on the morning of the invitation round. It can take some time to get the email because of the sheer number of invites sent out so if you leave it until 0600 AEST (9pm BST) then you can be pretty much sure about whether you are invited or not. You can also check on your individual Skillselect page to double check if you don't have the email.

Can we have a thread started with all the acronyms used on the group pleased, I'm confused..................what is EOI?? :-)

Funny you should say that, I have a work in progress regarding that, it will be a sticky in the migration forum, I hope to post it very soon.

EOI = Expression of Interest.